The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: set crafting to the material matching the quest

Petoften
Petoften
✭✭✭
When doing crafting dailies, it's too easy to forget to click the material button 9 times to move it to the right material. It should automatically set it there.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 26, 2022 1:44AM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can already set a filter on crafting stations to quest items that includes the materials. On console it currently has a bug that it doesnt remember the setting if you log off, not sure if the bug is there on pc
    Edited by fizl101 on September 25, 2022 10:30AM
    Soupy twist
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get around having to worry by buying several stacks of molybdendum whenever I get low, rarely crafting with anything other than this outside of normal writs
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Moly for the win!!

I do have a few thousand of the other materials, but I buy and use moly almost exclusively for dailies.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    You can already set a filter on crafting stations to quest items that includes the materials. On console it currently has a bug that it doesnt remember the setting if you log off, not sure if the bug is there on pc

I thought there were checkboxes for this. I use an addon, but for provisioning, I have to use the checkboxes.

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »

I thought there were checkboxes for this. I use an addon, but for provisioning, I have to use the checkboxes.

Yep, they are what I use, just unfortunately at the mo they reset when you logofr on console at least
    Soupy twist
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't find it hard to remember. I mean they've already put arrows over everything.
    At least if you craft one thing in a material, it will stay set for any other crafting you do. You only have to move it once.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    You only have to move it once.

Per login. I just made another iron item when I need to make rubecite.
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    I think some people misunderstood. I'm not talking about style materials, but the base material, for example, needing to click 9 times on metal to go from iron to rubecite.
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

It's ok but the categories are very unclear. I saw no category for 'suggestions for game improvements' and this category said it's for asking for help crafting from players, which this has nothing to do with.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    On Xbox there is an option to select quest only. You press Y, I think, on the create item menu, and select from there.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Petoften wrote: »
    I think some people misunderstood. I'm not talking about style materials, but the base material, for example, needing to click 9 times on metal to go from iron to rubecite.

the filter will automatically set the material as well as the style mat and the item to be crafted
    Soupy twist
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are times when you don’t want to do max tier material crafting though, like items for research for your characters or for other people.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by katanagirl1 on October 6, 2022 5:25AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    There are times when you don’t want to do max tier material crafting though, like items for research for your characters or for other people.

I'm not saying to make the other materials unavailable. You can click to get them. I'm talking about the default. The last 250 times my crafter crafted, 250/250 were 'top materials', and he had to remember to click 9 times every session.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not saying to make the other materials unavailable. You can click to get them. I'm talking about the default. The last 250 times my crafter crafted, 250/250 were 'top materials', and he had to remember to click 9 times every session.

If the max tier is default, then you are likely to make a cp160 gear piece for someone who needs research instead of level 1 piece.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    You only have to move it once.

Per login. I just made another iron item when I need to make rubecite.

Well, yes, I certainly wouldn't expect it to stay set after I logged out.
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    [If the max tier is default, then you are likely to make a cp160 gear piece for someone who needs research instead of level 1 piece.

I make a thousand daily write pieces for one research piece, but that's fine, let players set a default so you can have level 10 or 1.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to point out that a Level CP 160 item can be researched as easy as a level 1 item, and I for one have a great deal more of the top tier base materials then the lower-level ones... so the research item is CP 160, it's not that big of a deal normally.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I would like to point out that a Level CP 160 item can be researched as easy as a level 1 item, and I for one have a great deal more of the top tier base materials then the lower-level ones... so the research item is CP 160, it's not that big of a deal normally.

a CP 160 item takes nearly 10x as many materials to make as anything else.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points