Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Planks for Tanks - your recs please!

opalcity
opalcity
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm working on my sword and board tank, but I'm not finding a lot of shield transmogs that are satisfying. A lot of these Shields are little bucklers, and I want mine to be more... Well, like someone ripped a door off its hinges and put a handle on it.

Anyone got any recommendations for a big shield motif please?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 14, 2022 2:14AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    opalcity wrote: »
    I'm working on my sword and board tank, but I'm not finding a lot of shield transmogs that are satisfying. A lot of these Shields are little bucklers, and I want mine to be more... Well, like someone ripped a door off its hinges and put a handle on it.

Imperial and Ancient Orc are at the high end of the standard size range. Malacath is another orc-themed one.

Anyhow, you'll find the crafting styles (as opposed to outfit-only ones) at https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/weapon/shield/ The latter might be found via https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/appearance/outfit-style/ .
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the Alliance shields. The rewards you get for completing the Hero of <insert alliance>.

The Horned Dragon style is pretty nice. I use that one a good bit.

DC Nightwood shield.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a Breton tank years back.- she was small and short, and the first shield I equipped on her nearly covered her completely. It looked a lot like a door! I'm checking to see if I can find it in outfit styles, because I really don't remember what it was called now.

Okay, found it. Logical I guess: Daggerfall Shield.

Also, Imperial Champion Shield or Silver Dawn Shield might work; maybe Leyawiin Brigadine Shield or Thieves Guild Shield.
    Edited by TaSheen on October 13, 2022 1:29PM

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • BloodyStigmata
    BloodyStigmata
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crimson Oath, Militant Ordinator and Order of the Hour are all fairly sizable. Silken Ring and Silver Dawn are fairly large.
    Owner and proprietor of the Northern Elsweyr Guar Reserve and The Hunting Grounds Guar Reserve, Tamriel's home to all things guar.
    See the embedded brochures for all information regarding our reserves, as well as our collection status!
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Imperial and Ancient Orc are at the high end of the standard size range. Malacath is another orc-themed one.

Anyhow, you'll find the crafting styles (as opposed to outfit-only ones) at https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/weapon/shield/ The latter might be found via https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/appearance/outfit-style/ .

I also like the house Hexos shield aesthetic wise. I've never seen a full Roman sized rectangular shield in ESO and it sounds like that is more of what the OP is looking for.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Shield of Senchal motif has a hefty shield.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I like the Alliance shields (Aldmeri, Covenant, or Ebonhart Pact). They're nice and big and they look cool, and I find that they take colors well.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercenary is absolutely gigantic, knights of the circle is really big as well
  • dmnqwk
    dmnqwk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the outfit station, select shields and click LOCKED so it's ticked.

Then scroll through the ones you don't own and find a style you like. If it's not there it's a signature one, which would require a lot more effort to inspect, and sometimes obtain. Happy browsing!
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone. I'm going check these out and I know I won't have some of these styles, so it also gives me a nice little personal goal to grind for.

I did try the outfit station, but sometimes you can't trust the preview, what looks good there doesn't always look good put in the world, for some reason!

plus I like hearing ideas from the community - thanks again!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post