The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stuck in Combat bug still persistent problem in Cyro, any work being done on this years long bug?

UnabashedlyHonest
UnabashedlyHonest
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any effort being put into fixing or at least mitigating the stuck in combat bug in cyrodiil? This has been a years long issue.

@ZOS_Kevin

@ZOS_GinaBruno

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

@ZOS_RichLambert
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    After all this time do you really think they are gonna do something about it?
    Cyro population is at his lowest and next year we will have a new MMO with solid PvP roots where most of the pvpers will migrate so not really much interest in fixing pvp things.
    In the meantime permablock troll tanks and ball groups ruin the game for anybody that are not interested in wasting time fighting them.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did acknowledge the bug.

• Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

In what year?
    Did they say " we are working on it" or nothing at all?
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »
    Cyro population is at his lowest and next year we will have a new MMO with solid PvP roots where most of the pvpers will migrate so not really much interest in fixing pvp things.
    In the meantime permablock troll tanks and ball groups ruin the game for anybody that are not interested in wasting time fighting them.

Ok I have to ask. Which MMO with solid solid PvP roots are we hoping for this time?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In what year?
    Did they say " we are working on it" or nothing at all?

Yes, they said they were looking into it. Gina specifically commented on it and said it was not intended, that they had a pretty good idea what was causing it, though finding a fix was proving complicated.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have to ask. Which MMO with solid solid PvP roots are we hoping for this time?

There is not a game with "solid PvP roots" scheduled to be released next year. The last game with "solid PvP roots" people were praising lost 95% of their player base. The next best hope I have been part of testing is still in alpha and might see Beta start next year. It is several years behind schedule.

Oh, there may be a small steam multiplayer game on the horizon. I do not pay attention to them, but they tend to release as "early release" or paid beta.

Edited by Amottica on October 10, 2022 12:43AM
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    My latest observation with this bug is, that you don't get stacks with Death Dealer's Fete. You loosing them, so you are in combat and you are not in combat at same time.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you open the crown shop, the BUG disappears 90% of the time after 10 seconds
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not a game with "solid PvP roots" scheduled to be released next year. The last game with "solid PvP roots" people

Ever tried PvP in Lineage II?

• Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    when you open the crown shop, the BUG disappears 90% of the time after 10 seconds

This is just a myth, tried several times and most of the time it doesn't work.
    The one that always works is to travel to home base and enter Cheesemonger's Hollow .
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The one that always works is to travel to home base and enter Cheesemonger's Hollow .

this is not a myth, i wouldn't say it if it didn't work for me
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually jump off the nearest keep/rock if the combat bug persists. It's frustrating but the only sure-fire way of getting rid of it in my experience, other than Cheesemonger's Hollow.

One thing I have noticed is that the combat bug disappears much sooner by itself if you stop casting any skills for like 10-20 seconds. This can be counterintuitive because having to run all the way to another keep means that you might want to spam something like Race Against Time or a defensive buff, but if I do that I usually stay in combat much longer.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us mount while in combat. What could possibly go wrong?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll never be fixed, just like all of the other bugs that have been plaguing Cyrodiil for years. I don't even want to login anymore. It's just frustrating trying to play PvP in Cyro with the insane amount of lag, glitching, rubberbanding, players freezing in place, stuck in combat when I'm in the middle of a open field alone, unable to bar swap....I could go on and on. It's even more frustrating when I logout and go play games like BF4 or DayZ and have absolutely 0 issues with lag or other gamebreaking bugs, and it's not my internet either. ESO is the only game I have these issues with. I don't get what the endgame is here for Zos but they flat out refuse any kind of fix for PvP servers
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    I don't get what the endgame is here for Zos but they flat out refuse any kind of fix for PvP servers

[snip]
    This is also why I say that ESO PvP has no future despite it being the more enging and fun PvP experience I ever had.

[edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 16, 2022 5:30PM
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭

Let's just say that it's the successor to Lineage II
    I know, it's a korean game, and things could go very bad, but it's the only hope in the near future to have some working PvP.

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, it's a korean game, and things could go very bad, but it's the only hope in the near future to have some working PvP.

Ah, I know which one. Looks interesting. I just don't get my hopes up as there are always ones that are infinite grind, or the last one where its instanced and on a schedule. I like the persistence of an MMO and being able to just jump in and play after gearing up, which it feels like ESO hits that right mix. They just never seem to be able to get all their stuff together with performance, bugs, and wild balance swings.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah, I know which one. Looks interesting. I just don't get my hopes up as there are always ones that are infinite grind, or the last one where its instanced and on a schedule. I like the persistence of an MMO and being able to just jump in and play after gearing up, which it feels like ESO hits that right mix. They just never seem to be able to get all their stuff together with performance, bugs, and wild balance swings.

Spot on. When Cyrodill works...it's hands down the bet MMO PvP in my opinion. combat is fun, skills are fun, the large scale battles are exciting and full of adrenaline but it's just bad right now. I tried to play this weekend and made it a whole 5 minutes before I gave up and logged out
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But this is risky if the the population is capped. You might not get out of Cheesemongers Hollow so easily. But since the population is so rarely capped now it's not that much of an issue now days.

This is the only reliable fix I know of other than logging out for removing persistent debuffs and being stuck in combat.
    Edited by SaffronCitrusflower on October 10, 2022 3:39PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not a game with "solid PvP roots" scheduled to be released next year. The last game with "solid PvP roots" people

Ever tried PvP in Lineage II?

@MrLasagna

I hope this is not about Lineage W, which has floundered in most markets in Asia, including Japan. It was set for worldwide release in November 2021, but it is thought NCSoft is reluctant to release it in western markets due to its poor performance in Asia. We will see but it does not seem promising.

Edited by Amottica on October 10, 2022 5:59PM
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashes of Creation shows a ton of promise. And the devs are communicating with the alpha testers constantly, and they are listening to the feedback they are getting.

• Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing

This is not a PvP bug. It happens in PvE too.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is not about Lineage W

Nope, name is Throne and Liberty, still very few info around.
    As I said it could be as bad as New World or something good, also want to add that I would really prefer playing a working ESO PvP than anything else but we must face reality.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is not about Lineage W

Nope, name is Throne and Liberty, still very few info around.
    As I said it could be as bad as New World or something good, also want to add that I would really prefer playing a working ESO PvP than anything else but we must face reality.

We will see how it turns out if it is released.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashes of Creation shows a ton of promise. And the devs are communicating with the alpha testers constantly, and they are listening to the feedback they are getting.

Yes, AoC devs release a lot of information and communicate with the testers that paid to test the game. However, it is several years past the initially planned release date and it does not seem Alpha 1 will finish this year. We can hope they will get to beta sometime before the end of 2023.

One can hope but I do not count on a game going live until it does.