The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How hard is Vet Maw of Lorkhaj in 2022?

Jarl_Ironheart
Jarl_Ironheart
✭✭✭✭
Hello there!

I've been playing this game for 6 years and I have never ever done a trial before. I have done many vet hardmodes for Dungeons ranging from base game all the way up to DLC ones like Earthen Root cave, shipwrights regret and dread cellar and I do pretty damn well in those. I have always wanted to do the Maw of Lorkhaj so I could get the Dro'Mathra skin. That's been a skin I've been interested in for years but never made a attempt to do it.

In your opinion is this trial still hard to do in 2022? I am a tank and a nord who tanks on warden, necro and I have a tryhard DK tank too.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 9, 2022 1:41AM
Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you've done the latest vet DLC hardmode dungeons you should be pretty familiar with mechs.

I like vMOL because even though it's an old trial it's mech heavy. Coordination is required and is a team effort.

You sound more than qualified to give it a go. Find yourself a good guild and ask Guild Master how you can be on the roster and what's required of you beforehand?
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you've done the latest vet DLC hardmode dungeons you should be pretty familiar with mechs.

I like vMOL because even though it's an old trial it's mech heavy. Coordination is required and is a team effort.

You sound more than qualified to give it a go. Find yourself a good guild and ask Guild Master how you can be on the roster and what's required of you beforehand?

That's good to hear! I've been wanting to do trials but I'm always the quiet one lurking in guilds, the solo player so to speak, so I never ask.

I wanna make a death knight and I feel the dro skin would look great on one
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a few pug vet vMOL prog groups, last week the pug prog group I run with managed to clear vMOL.

e64dsidotv07.png

Running this trial on vet as a tank and as a dps are two different worlds of gameplay.

I would say it's moderately difficult in learning, as communication is necessary for learning the twins fight. One person being on the wrong side can kill 6 people, a player making the wrong call can also kill everyone.

While this skin is good you can also look into the Void skin that you get from Vateshran, that's more up a solo player's alley, though there is a frustrating DPS check at the end except for certain classes that are able to bypass the mechanic (as a tank DK/Warden/Necro you won't be able to bypass this mechanic)
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 8, 2022 11:45PM
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Twins fight was the furthest I ever got on vet. The group cooperation was difficult to get right. Still hope I can get past them and finish vMoL some day. Good luck there.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    vMoL don't have any hard DPS lock, only some fight become harder with low DPS. However, vMoL belong between harder trials mechanic-wise. It isnt good first try trial and going with PUG is risk to get discouraged.

Any group, which can do all veteran Craglorn trials and have competent leader can start to learn this trial. It will not go with first try, not with second. Especially Twins are famous for their mechanic. But it is clasic progrees learnig that trials are about.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    vMoL don't have any hard DPS lock, only some fight become harder with low DPS. .

Zhajj’hassa has a DPS check that will wipe the group if you don’t get his shield down in time.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vMoL don't have any hard DPS lock, only some fight become harder with low DPS. .

Zhajj’hassa has a DPS check that will wipe the group if you don’t get his shield down in time.

Agreed if this is the first boss, it is also a heal check as everyone receives the damage.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

Agreed if this is the first boss, it is also a heal check as everyone receives the damage.

@Dr_Con Yes that is the boss our group had to re-do a few times post U35 when we hadn't adjusted our DPS and heal builds yet.
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’ve never done trials before I’d recommend starting with normal Craglorn ones, then normal DLC ones, then vet Crags and then vMOL. Join a guild (or guilds) that do trials and are prepared to teach.
    There are a lot of mechs in MoL. You can ignore a lot in normal but they must be done in Vet.
    You’ll also need tank gear that drops in trials, eg Yolna (SS) and get it purple or gold and correct traited.
    Many groups get stuck doing a twins prog for vMOL.