The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Farm Tel Var Stones Effectively?

SedoUmbra
SedoUmbra
✭✭✭
I'm currently cp745 and I'm trying to build a healer and want to get the Powerful Assault Set but being locked behind IC content is a really downer on my plans. I have next to no PvP experience (I usually play sub-50 BG to help level a new character. That's it) no real PvP build to speak of, nor do I really know how to make one. And I would have no idea how to go about forming a group to run around with. I'm in a few guilds and there's no market for IC in them. I also don't have the gold to buy the pieces I need.

Anyone have any tips for what my next step should be so I can make headway? Like, if I actually do invest in farming and upgrading gear and respecing to get a proper build for IC, then is there a practical way to farm Tel Var stones solo? And if not, how do I gather a group to play with? Are people still doing IC groups?

I sort have this issue a lot when I'm trying to farm stuff. I'm not experienced enough or well built enough to solo, and don't have success in finding groups for old content. So, I'd appreciate some help
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the set at guild traders.

That changes the issue to general farming of gold. How are you at that?
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP experienced or not there is always a risk of loosing 50% of the stones. Afaik the quickest way of farming the stone is killing the district bosses.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill district bosses when the district is your factions color is the fastest way. Generally you'll need to form a small group for this to work well, but not too big a group, because you'll have to share the tel var from the kill within the group. So like a group of 3-5 players works about the best.
    Edited by UnabashedlyHonest on September 4, 2022 3:34PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried farming early morning on a Saturday when everyone is asleep from playing late the night before. Bank the stones at regular intervals, and be aware that you can skip the long crawl back to your base by queuing for regular Cyrodiil and then queuing back for IC - that way you can avoid gankers camping at your base entrance.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hold 6 flags, solo bosses. You can make like 100k tel var an hour
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you dont have the pvp experience, i would not recommend farming on the surface

i usually farm in the sewers, its generally speaking quieter there (unless its during the whitestrake pvp event, then its impossible to get much done unless your in a zerg)

solo killing banner bosses still gives good tel var

at x1 they are 600 tel var
    x2 they are 1200
    x3 they are 1800
    and x4 they are 2400

but you need to know their attack patterns and have a decent survivability to be able to kill them effectively

a solo run to the center, killing molag bal, and getting back to base i can usually net around 12-14k tel var, depending on how many banners i kill going to and from, and i usually rarely see another player down there
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're comfortable with it, or if you're at an off-hour with fewer enemies online, a tip I always tell players is to only ever bank down to 1000 tel var. Starting at the 3x multiplier as soon as you go up topside means you're going to get tel var way faster, and it usually outweighs the risk of losing 500 (since at a 3x modifier, gaining 500 telvar is as easy as killing a couple groups of mobs).

If you're worried about losing telvar, you can always bank down to a 2x modifier instead (100 telvar I think?). Regardless, try to keep at least a 2x modifier at all times. Banking down to 0 makes that first bit of gain much slower, and losing 50-500 telvar really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
  • Cast_El
    Cast_El
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solo bosses with your best pvp character wearing zoal (for ganker), play at 7am Sunday. Start with X3 modifier. And got to the bank every two bosses
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh a group and dps those [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 16, 2022 5:33PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile