The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

By Command of the Ascendant Order lorebook missing post-quest

MRusso89
MRusso89
✭✭✭
I just finished the new High Isle event quest only to discover that this lorebook has no post-quest location. Is there a fix underway?
Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1
    just opened a ticket but pretty sure it will disappear in the dark like all the other lorebook bug reports... :(
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    +1
    just opened a ticket but pretty sure it will disappear in the dark like all the other lorebook bug reports... :(

That's what I'm hoping to avoid too. I have every single other book (that isn't bugged or not yet available) in the game and don't want this one lost in a void like some of the others. Stinks to be a completionist with this stuff when the list breaks every other patch.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it is not even there DURING the quest, I have a character who has discovered four of the locations but it's just gone.

[Devs] Please ensure that this note is there AT ALL TIMES both during and post-quest, and is left there after the event!

And since the event is short, HOTFIX IT. Don't wait for the next "weekly or fortnightly patch" because it will be gone by then.
    Edited by jle30303 on September 30, 2022 3:01PM
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likewise didn't see this during the quest and can now not collect it. @ZOS_Kevin
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran ten characters through the quest. It was not available for five of them - it simply wasn't there.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    Ran ten characters through the quest. It was not available for five of them - it simply wasn't there.

To miss the book through RNG is hugely frustrating, especially when down to a handful of books to collect, all of which are driven by bugs / lack of post quest locations.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone see any way to do this after the patch today?
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Altyrann wrote: »
    Anyone see any way to do this after the patch today?

Not me :(
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully as it's in an open world location they can add it in even when the event is not on, similar to the Indrik book always being available. Would be great if at least it was a U36 fix rather than a wait a year and have to reset the quest if you get the wrong version.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin, has any progress been made with fixing this missing book issue? The event ends soon.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not got another patch before end of event so can only hope it is left in open world full time as a post quest location now.