The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gear swap addons

Creola1234
There are 3 addons that do that: Alpha Gear, Wizards Wardrobe & Dressing Room, but which one is best for me? Until recently I thought you needed an armor slot to swap gear at your armory station. Changing your CP costs money and these addons do it for free? I wasn't getting it. If I understand correctly AG doesn't change cp and the rest do. So, you can save a state with gear, skills, ability, ww/vamp states, mounts, polymorphs, etc. all of that in a specific addon slot? And then do a total work over and do it again. You can now swap between these 2 slots in or out of combat? You could for example change from a magicka cloth wearing vampire to a stamina medium armor wearing ww without cost? And some swaps occur automatically when for example you enter a dungeon?

Now, I don't even have 2 sets of gear and not all toons have master gear. At most I use the ring of the wild hunt and ring of the pale order. I don't want a complicated addon. I also use an addon to see if I wear the pale order ring and I take in off manually in dungeons.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your changing a slottable CP with another slottable CP, that does not cost gold

if your actually redistributing points that costs 3000g

the armory can save WW/vamp status, and mundus stones, but addons cannot do that

most people i know usually hotkey certain gear setups, and all the addons do is swap your currently equipped gear with gear in your inventory (similar to armory), and they can swap slottable cp (which doesnt cost anything)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Addons dont bypass the cost. That is the real advantage to a lot of CP is that you can easily swap stars without paying. I dont remember the exact number, but at some point you unlock all non slottable CP, and then it really becomes about how many slottable stars you can fill for easy swapping. At close to 2100 CP, I have all blue non slottables and I believe 6 (going on 7) 50 pt slottables. Allows to swap things like backstabber for flankable bosses and biting aura for trash pulls without spending money.

I have not used wizards wardrobe. I probably see more streamers using dressing room, but I personally use Alpha Gear. I started using it during our original VMOL progression way back when and just got used to it. It is great for swapping gear and/or skill bars. Each character can have like 20 different tabs or pages. On each page, you can have a bunch of different gear and skill setups that you can hot key. I use the number pad 1-9 for alpha gear.

So for example, If I go to my PVP page on my sorc. I have hot keys for group, openworld, small scale, etc. If I go to my PVE page, I have hot keys for single target, AOE, onesize fits all GF (take care of myself). On most setups I have key 9 set to equip the ring of the hunt and 8 for whatever other mythic I usually run for that setup, so I can quickly be at speed cap for getting around.

For things like a trifecta prog, I will bind entire loadouts for each encounter. So perhaps 1-5 are the 5 bosses in order, and 6 and 7 might be various trash setups.
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using Wizard Wardrobe meanwhile at it works and provides all you need, even for normal dungeons or overland,if you do not play trials etc. Saves food, CP, skills and gear, make it easy to change. All I need