Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What happens if I purchase another copy of the base game?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
What happens if I buy another copy of ESO, such as in the current sale? Do I just get a digital code I can use or gift later? Something else?

I already have High Isle.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 7, 2022 12:25PM
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I understand the question. I'm pretty sure you buy a second account to play, not a second copy of the game. I have bought a second account from the ESO store but that was years ago, so I don't remember if there was a code involved, just that I had to create a second email address.
    PC-EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not done it myself but I think you'll get a code which you can use later, or send to someone else to use.

It's definitely possible to set up more than one account on PC where it requires buying another copy of the game to get another account code (on consoles I think you can do it just by setting up another profile on your console) and I know people have bought the game in sales to do that.

I just tried looking through the store while logged into my account and if I pick the High Isle Upgrade it says I do not qualify to buy it - which makes sense because I've already got it. But if I look at the base game (which I've obviously also got) it will let me buy it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have bought the base game 4 times for my PC. Depending on when you buy it, it may or may not come with previous chapters included. You only have to download it the first time, though. You enter the code they give you and set up a new account, using a new @name and (I think) a different email address. You have to buy the DLCs separately for your new account or else subscribe to ESO+.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You get a code which you can then redeem on a new account, or give to someone else.
    If you make the purchase from the ESO website store, you need to use a new account to make the purchase.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on October 7, 2022 9:49AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ZOS_Icy
      ZOS_Icy
      mod
      Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I have bought the base game 4 times for my PC. Depending on when you buy it, it may or may not come with previous chapters included. You only have to download it the first time, though. You enter the code they give you and set up a new account, using a new @name and (I think) a different email address. You have to buy the DLCs separately for your new account or else subscribe to ESO+.

That's what I was hoping. I don't want a second account for myself. I am not sure if I will get the money for the other stuff needed for my granddaughter to play, but $30 now vs more later seems worthwhile.
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have 10 Copies of the game, one install. I just log using different credentials. The only hitch is, you have to have a unique email for each account. I used GMX as you can have up to 10 Aliases for free on one account.

No, I don't play them all, they are for a personal guild, and i got the copies cheap. So the alts are all in a Tavern somewhere getting drunk.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"