The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why nerf Graven Deep again?

patricknl76
patricknl76
✭✭✭
Like the title says , why did the final boss get another nerf? In my opinion The boss was perfectly fine after the first nerf. The only reason people wiped there was because they cant follow the mechanics. So another challenge removed. And thats not being elitist , but i just like a challenge . And now this has become just another dungeon you run through.
  • INM
    INM
    ✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Half of dlc dungeons were nerfed at some point. Sometimes into a joke state.

[edited for conspiracy theory]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 9, 2022 5:47PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are many players in this game, myself included, who would like the achievements (e.g. to be able to buy the Dwarven stained glass windows...) - why should this only be available to a tiny fraction of players? I want to be able to do this with my partner without a random group where any random players are running through the dungeon without looking at the content. I don't want to be dependent on playing with a random group half of which is toxic.
  • patricknl76
    patricknl76
    ✭✭✭
    Its not for a tiny bit of the players. I always tank myself and since it came out I took a lot of average players from my guilds in it. And after explaining all mechanics to them , most of them finished it with me. Not on the first try . But its supposed to challenging cause its a vet dlc. So with the right explaining average players could clear this after the first nerf.
    Iḿ an achievement hunter myself , but Iḿ realistic that i cant do all achievements. So for example Iḿ not asking to nerf sunspire to the ground so I can get godlslayer.
    In short some things in this game just should be a challenge to get . Or they must make everything overland difficulty so everyone can get every achievement and title.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not for a tiny bit of the players. I always tank myself and since it came out I took a lot of average players from my guilds in it. And after explaining all mechanics to them , most of them finished it with me. Not on the first try . But its supposed to challenging cause its a vet dlc. So with the right explaining average players could clear this after the first nerf.
    Iḿ an achievement hunter myself , but Iḿ realistic that i cant do all achievements. So for example Iḿ not asking to nerf sunspire to the ground so I can get godlslayer.
    In short some things in this game just should be a challenge to get . Or they must make everything overland difficulty so everyone can get every achievement and title.

But they barely changed the vet version of the dungeon. The most significant nerf was for the normal version.
  • patricknl76
    patricknl76
    ✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

But they barely changed the vet version of the dungeon. The most significant nerf was for the normal version.

Only soul change they specify on normal. The change to the flesh atro its not mentioned normal or vet . So probably both i guess
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, a clear distinction between normal and vet mode from the very beginning would have been best, normal mode being beatable for casual or beginner groups or solo players, and vet for those who seek a challenge. They might as well have called the modes easy/hard, novice/vet or even solo/group.

I also wouldn't mind a "story mode" (also, no, especially for trials, but also for other group dungeons), as some people play ESO for the stories, and with random groups, you always have the problem that there people who just want to rush through as fast as possible without reading any texts - and of course, if someone who just wants to finish the fastest possible and someone else who wants to hear all dialogues and read every note or letter found on the way are grouped together, it's causing conflict, it's annoying for both of them. Alternatively, they could include an option in group finder where you specify what kind of group you are searching for (e.g. standard, story run, speed run, unspecified).

Also, not locking basic housing items behind group dungeons would help. I can understand trophies and vanity items of all kind, everything you would also consider a museum piece, but windows (I think it's even the only window in game you can see through)?!
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the flesh atro movespeed is unreliable. he either stops for 10 seconds or sprints at you with max movespeed. If you're not blocking as a tank he will hit you multiple times with one swipe, which is a mechanic that I can only remember occurring on the final boss of HRC. In reality, if the flesh atro spawns at max size, it should be an immediate wipe, but many do not treat it this way as the shade killing mech is poorly understood and the only hint you get of it is the NPC killing shades through a window. You approach him and he doesn't even talk about why he is killing shades, but if people follow the dark shade killing mechanic it's a walk in the park.

doing this with a pug group can be a nightmare, explaining the mechanics and trying to bridge the gap in different languages is a challenge in and of itself.

I have had bad experience tanking this dungeon on vet pug with anyone below 450 cp as dps, I even left feedback relaying player concerns from these sub 450 cp players who each say that this dungeon should be at least 700-800 CP required.

Honestly, I wish the DPS check occurred at the first required boss rather than the second.