The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

U36 and Templar

Amerises
Amerises
✭✭✭✭
… Because nerf to jabs wasn’t bad enough, backlash needed a nerf?

Wasn’t this just buffed? How they came up with decision is beyond me, especially because it’s specifically about lessening it’s effectiveness in PvP, lol.

Last couple days haven’t even had motivation to log into my pvp Templar because it’s just not fun anymore. Was hoping u36 would bring a little bit of love back, personally I’ve felt the nerfing was a little heavy handed. I guess ZoS thought otherwise … 😪
Edited by Amerises on September 21, 2022 1:55AM
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted this feedback in the PTS forums, but I'll copy/paste it here. This change is completely ridiculous.

The snare on jabs is hot garbage and super unreliable atm now too, making it hard to pressure with jabs (on top of the nerfed dmg). Posted this in another thread, but I'll copy paste here
    • The final damage deals approximately 10% more damage than the initial hit at base and increases up to an additional 200% to reach similar values of power seen before.
    • The final damage now takes more overall damage to reach, to make the payout less reliably reached in PvP scenarios.

Live
    mgWWmNs.png

PTS
    ded7jFG.png

Live damage cap: 27945
    PTS damage cap: 6996*3= 20988
    Difference in damage cap: 6957
    Percentage decrease in damage cap: 6957/27945= 24.9%

In what world does a 24.9% decrease to an ability's most integral feature "reach similar values of power seen before?" Not only that, but it's going to require more damage/effort to reach the damage cap ON TOP of that significant damage nerf?
    On a class that just got nerfed in terms of Jabs' damage and functionality (including the snare)? Burning Light nerfed by around 33% damage while also essentially halving how frequently it can proc? Am I getting this all right, or am I mistaken? Because this doesn't make any sense to me. What kind of design decision is this? This absolutely needs to be re-evaluated. If you're going to make the damage cap harder to reach, then don't nerf the damage cap. As far as I'm concerned, this is just raising the skill floor for the ability while lowering the burst potential and making it harder to reach when it seems like the intention of the developers was to have it perform similarly to how it historically has on the high end with a little extra added difficulty/effort. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New tooltip doesn't really specify how much damage is copied either, and they said they were making it harder to fill? As if that wasn't the case already with 20% less damage from jabs and 80% less damage from burning light over that time
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone made a math error. 21k does not equal 28k. Best we can hope for is a fix before it goes live, make sure you report this through the in game bug system on PTS.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The disparity is due to the new double scaling from our highest stats, they need to adjust it tho.
    You need to push your max stat and spell damage to insane values to reach the same levels of damage as before.
    If they dont do it, we will be back to 3-4 k backlash hits in pvp, maybe 6kish with lucky crits. Just not enough.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really it won't matter if you can't hit the cap to begin with. Should add major breach to both morphs along with what it has. Still, you get that from other sources but at least maybe you take a slot to add another damage layering skill. Not sure what, as DOTs are nerfed
  • Yiko
    Yiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really it won't matter if you can't hit the cap to begin with. Should add major breach to both morphs along with what it has. Still, you get that from other sources but at least maybe you take a slot to add another damage layering skill. Not sure what, as DOTs are nerfed

Anyone on PTS know how much damage it takes to reach the cap? Instead of 2:1, is it ~3:1, or what?
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Templar is over. Just play Warden.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Redguards_Revenge
    Redguards_Revenge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was a redguard stamplar. Now I simply don't even log in. Every time I do I try to see what I can do with the new changes, realize I can't do anyhting then log back out. It's quite sad. There is no solution for me. I realize it's time for me to move on. October is a new me. GL guys.

Every snare jab heals a mara's balm user. Not only that it does nothing to really keep them in place. This is why Redguards snare reduction is a worthless skill on the race. I sit here wondering who thought the redguard changes were useful. This is why I won't be here to see the biggest failure released in ESO. The redguard chapter, if it ever happens. I realize I'd rather have nothing from ESO than have a trash redguard chapter.

This game was never made for me and ZoS has made that clear.

If I could say what I really wanted to say, wow....

When I am playing and putting pressure on someone waiting for the pop to go off and realize it didn't because mara's balm cleaned it off. So I finally get them down, with every jab healing them, then when I wait for the pop to go off, they ruin that too?

I actually removed the pop off. It's a worthless skill now in this new era. Why put something on that will be cleaned. I then made a build that worked better on a DK or NB.

ZoS has destroyed the foundation. They are free falling and trying to build something mid air.
    Edited by Redguards_Revenge on October 1, 2022 12:21AM
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the reason they changed it was due to a glitch that could let people exploit the damage effect. So instead of fixing it they just reverted/nerfed it back into pointlessness. While we are at it, what was the point of removing the visual effect it had that let other players see it if they are just adding the ability to tag people next patch anyway?

I swear they just go back and forth on this stuff with no memory of what they've done before.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is over. Just play Warden.

I have noticed on the play station in pvp, soooooo many wardens right now followed by necromancer who are all mass instant killing 25+ people (because that's not over powered at all), followed last and definitely not least dragon nights.

Ya know it's funny how people will say templar Jesus beam is over powered... a single target attack that I don't ever see being used becaus its weak in pvp, jabs just does not work either, yet nothing said about necromancer who can routinely kill 25+ players instantly. I can assure you this, if jabs every killed 5 people at once the development team would bring the servers down for an emergency patch to further destroy the templar class. Not necromancer, I'm sure they will get to enjoy this for a few more years like night blade bombers.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be dropping purifying next patch?
    Edited by Syiccal on October 6, 2022 11:57AM
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can’t not run it. Like someone else said, they just buffed it and said “backlash go boom” knowing they wanted it to hit hard. Then nerf it back and nerf everything else with it.

Again, jabs just doesn’t hit hard enough, so you need that burst potential. Backlash, charge, jabs, jabs, jabs, ultimate. That’s still going to give the best killing power because you don't have another option, only now you’ll have even less. (Change skills based on set up, but you get the gist).