The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deadly strike (sharpend duel maces) or orders wrath (sharpened axes)

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone know which will give more dmg, ignoring all other bonuses from cp or skills on a templar or is this an impossible question
Edited by Syiccal on October 6, 2022 12:00PM

Best Answers

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for pvp, deadly will not be very useful due to the dots nerf, the vast majority of dots in pvp are pretty awful right now

so orders wrath would probably be better (increasing your crit dmg means enemies would need more crit resist to counter it, and increasing crit healing would make your heals more potent when they crit)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Answer ✓
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're asking in the PvP section. That makes this an unanswerable question. It depends on your opponent. Some things to consider:
    • I believe Order's Wrath does not work in Ravenwatch. Yeah, it's not a proc set, but empirical evidence apparently.
    • Order's Wrath 5-piece bonus will buff your healing. Deadly Strike will not.
    • Half the population runs around with Rallying Cry, blunting the effect of crit. The one time where building into crit, and Order's Wrath in particular, seemed like an obvious win was only last patch with Major Force from Oakensoul.
    • Templar has a crit damage passive, but Sweeps averages damage out, due to the nature of the skill. This makes PvP more similar to PvE than it is on other classes (or non Sweeps builds). I believe Deadly and Order's Wrath are both still PvE meta sets. Maybe Order's pulls ahead in PvE, but PvEers tend to run higher overall crit% than PvPers can realistically achieve in a viable build. There probably isn't that much in it one way or the other.
    Out of left field comes option 3. I don't play templar enough to say whether this is good. In fact I PvP very little these days, but the following has also felt promising: Build for spell damage. I use Bloodthirst and Whirlwind on my stamplar. This gives me high uptime on Moon Hunter, which I'm wearing along with Witch Knight. According to addon, my spell damage peaks at 8.8K with Continuous Attack in CP PvP (on a Redguard no less). Maces, 1 Nirn, 1 Sharpened. The nice thing about this approach is the strength and consistency of the heals.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Answer ✓
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    for pvp, deadly will not be very useful due to the dots nerf, the vast majority of dots in pvp are pretty awful right now
    Bear in mind he's asking for templar. Deadly buffs Jabs/Sweeps and Radiant, the latter of which was buffed. Otherwise I agree with your assessment.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Answer ✓
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Bear in mind he's asking for templar. Deadly buffs Jabs/Sweeps and Radiant, the latter of which was buffed. Otherwise I agree with your assessment.

that is why i suggested "the vast majority", as stuff like jabs and jesus beam are somewhat exceptional cases that still get buffed by deadly

i figured i would go with the more general case, which would be orders wrath lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Answer ✓