Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

i am seriously fed up with the overlay that blocks by screen

Memory_In_Motion
Memory_In_Motion
✭✭✭✭
this insistent blocking of my screen with an overlay that wont stop pestering me to invite someone to a group is interfering with my game play in a huge way while doing world bosses for the event quests and it needs to stop NOW. Not later but NOW. Make it go away and stay away. You are making the game unplayable. I dont need pop up overlays to think for me and they arent wanted.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 30, 2022 2:39AM
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In 7 years I've never had this problem.

Must be a PC thing?
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is a PC thing it is one I have never seen. So it is either a weird setting you can turn off, or it is one of the addons you installed.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    In 7 years I've never had this problem.

Must be a PC thing?

I play on pc. I have no idea what this is about. Anyone else got an idea?
    Edited by BlueRaven on September 29, 2022 8:47PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like the press E to interact button? Or the you're invited to a group pop-up? If it is the latter, I think people are just trying to be nice and share the quest(s).
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    If it is a PC thing it is one I have never seen. So it is either a weird setting you can turn off, or it is one of the addons you installed.
    JavaRen wrote: »

no it is none of those things it is gamepad mode
  • Memory_In_Motion
    Memory_In_Motion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Like the press E to interact button? Or the you're invited to a group pop-up? If it is the latter, I think people are just trying to be nice and share the quest(s).

no it is not people being nice and trying to share quests

it is this jenky interface
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Must be a PC thing?

Nope.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • JavaRen
      JavaRen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Ah, gamepad, I forget that exists. That sounds like a terrible feature, I hope you find a way to disable.it.

(Edit: maybe if I head canon that gamepad is a weird setting I'm unfamiliar with I can pretend to myself I was correct from the beginning? Maybe?)
      Edited by JavaRen on September 29, 2022 9:16PM
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      it is gamepad mode

Not that I've ever seen. (My girlfriend chooses to play in gamepad mode.)
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Marto
        Marto
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Can you show a screenshot or video?

It must be an addon of some sort, because there is nothing like that on the interface. Gamepad mode or not.
        "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
      • Necrotech_Master
        Necrotech_Master
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        it sounds almost like one of those tutorial type messages possibly, im not sure why it would be coming up though if your not like a new player (it might if its a new toon though and did not disable the tutorials in the settings menu maybe)
        plays PC/NA
        handle @Necrotech_Master
        active player since april 2014
      • Amottica
        Amottica
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        Marto wrote: »
        Can you show a screenshot or video?

It must be an addon of some sort, because there is nothing like that on the interface. Gamepad mode or not.

This would be a good start to figuring out what is happening. It would seem to be something other than gamepad mode. Otherwise, we would be seeing numerous comments speaking to the same issue OP has brought up.

• ZOS_Hadeostry
        Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
        Staff Post
      • Memory_In_Motion
        Memory_In_Motion
        ✭✭✭✭
        jnj1bpbc0xj8.png
      • FluffyBird
        FluffyBird
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ah, ranting about a "feature" before trying to find out if it's even a feature. Love those.

Anyway, is this just a group menu? Maybe a button got stuck and reopens it? Or something messed up key bindings?

When does it open? When does it go away? What happens if you close it? What happens if you don't?

Are you on PC? If yes, any addons? If also yes, does turning them off helps? (Always blame healer, but if no healer was involved - blame addons)
      • Memory_In_Motion
        Memory_In_Motion
        ✭✭✭✭
        its not a feature when it interferes with game play. If you bothered to read what i wrote you'd have the answers to the questions you asked.
      • fizl101
        fizl101
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        If no-one else is seeing this issue even when using gamepad mode its definitely worth you checking your keybindings to make sure you don't have a button mapped to that function by accident. I think P is the default primary button for it, but i'm not in front of the game to double check
        Soupy twist
      • Reverb
        Reverb
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        You are doing something that opens your group menu. This isn’t something that Zeni is doing to you, this is something you are doing. Review your settings and figure out what that menu is bound to and either stop hitting in in combat, or bind it to something else.
        Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche