The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Encratis and flame "triggers"

Bitter_Apple21
DK tank, and working more with this monster set. I have heard various things about what does and does not process the feature of Encratis. For instance, I have heard that weapon enchantments do not, but Fiery Breath and morphs will. I am wondering if the flame damage from Spiked Armor and morphs will as well.

Is there any location, website, etc where there might be a list of things that do or do not trigger Encratis?

Best Answers

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should work, but I haven't tested spiked armor specifically. In general skills with fire damage will activate Encratis, but "procs" like sets or enchants that deal fire damage will not.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on September 28, 2022 5:22PM
    Answer ✓
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spiked armor doing fire damage rather than magic is a recent change (u35) so its understandable that it's not mentioned as a source if you're looking at older information.
    Another point for consideration: engulfing flames is a significant boost to fire damage so if you don't have a dps DK in group running this, the DK tank should be.
    Answer ✓
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @WrathOfInnos

Thanks. Makes it easier to get Encratis fired as well as a buff to me (for first time trial runs) and saves a skill slot for something else rather than Breath...

:)
  • Bitter_Apple21
    @kringled_1

Thanks. Yes, that is what I was using originally, both for the trigger and (I think) my set up was giving 2 or 3% bonus.

I might still slot it, however, I was just curious of Armor as if it would proc Encratis, and the options that would give me.

Thanks again.

:)
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    I've used it on my warden tank, proc'd it with a flame enchant on my weapon, does that not work anymore? I haven't used it for awhile since I started using Nazaray with Turning Tide.
  • Bitter_Apple21
    IDK. I have been told that weapon enchants do not process Encratis. So, I am taking more experienced people's word on that one...
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    I had a flame enchant on my ice staff and I was able to reliably proc it using wall of elements... I'll hop on later and see if that still works.
  • smackinhippies
    smackinhippies
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently that got changed in the ascending tide DLC, it used to work but as I noted it's been awhile since I ran that on my Warden. Guess that leaves using scalding rune from the mages guild line to proc it if I want to run that helm on my Warden
    Edited by smackinhippies on October 3, 2022 6:39PM