The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Revive the necromancer!

hanszimmers
hanszimmers
✭✭
Hello dear ZOS. Would like to know if there will be changes of the necromancer class? If in PVE this class did not feel any special changes after processing, then in PVP it is very large... and not for the better. If you look at the other classes that were changed in this patch, the necromancer seems to be the most deprived. In PVP content, the stamina version of the necromancer has become non-playable at all, the heal of this class is too confused compared to others, and this class causes extremely little damage in PVP. Of the skills used that cause damage, these are mainly blast bones, and of the spam skills used, this is dizing. There is no variability, almost all builds rest on two-handed weapons due to lack of control and at least some more or less spam skills
Many acquaintances who felt comfortable on necromancers before this patch began to leave for other characters: warden, dragonknight, sorc, templar... because the necromancer has become unplayable in pvp. Would like to hear from other players who are interested in the same problem...
@HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every ball group I get steamrolled by in Cyrodiil has at least one necromancer in it. I find it hard to believe players are switching from that to sorc or templar especially, they got nerfed hard this patch.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• lonnml
    lonnml
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you that necromancer leaves a lot to be desired. In PVP if you are not a bomber necro has 1 class damage skill (blast bones).

However stamcro is still naturally tanky and will still get lots of kills though their combo is pretty predictable.

Magcro is still the best bomber spec in the game.

Still, necro needs some improvements. I really really like the changes to scythe: last patch I was using scythe as my main spammable on my stamcro and it was a lot of fun but that was with oakensoul. Why ZOS made a flaming skull necro’s main spammable is thematically beyond me lol. The optics of this game sometimes make me really upset because it just has so much potential but it’s squandered at every turn.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wear dark convergence and ulti dump your colossus like the rest of cyrodiil does.
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    Just wear dark convergence and ulti dump your colossus like the rest of cyrodiil does.

That's what I'm talking about... the whole gameplay for the necromancer is reduced to one build... one set... one skill... no variation... only magicka... only bomber
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's what I'm talking about... the whole gameplay for the necromancer is reduced to one build... one set... one skill... no variation... only magicka... only bomber

That's not true at all. The problem is that there are not a whole lot of people who know how to create and make builds themselves... and so they rely on content creators from youtube to copy their setup.

I've built a Non-CP (Ravenwatch) build for my stamcro, and I'm loving it so far. It's both tanky and it produces high damage... the highest weapon damage that came from my setup is 7,463... and the sweet part is that only my weapon is gold out... rest are purple quality... I can just imagine how much more damage I can throw out if I was sitting on all legendary gear.

People need to be a bit more innovative in terms of being creative about their builds... It's not the class, it's those who don't know how to theory craft their setup. this is what happens when you heavily rely on content youtube creators for your builds.
    Edited by RaikaNA on September 30, 2022 7:04AM
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »

That's not true at all. The problem is that there are not a whole lot of people who know how to create and make builds themselves... and so they rely on content creators from youtube to copy their setup.

I've built a Non-CP (Ravenwatch) build for my stamcro, and I'm loving it so far. It's both tanky and it produces high damage... the highest weapon damage that came from my setup is 7,463... and the sweet part is that only my weapon is gold out... rest are purple quality... I can just imagine how much more damage I can throw out if I was sitting on all legendary gear.

People need to be a bit more innovative in terms of being creative about their builds... It's not the class, it's those who don't know how to theory craft their setup. this is what happens when you heavily rely on content youtube creators for your builds.

Yes, it is possible to reach 7600 wpd and more... But this does not negate the fact that you are killed by dragonknight or warden with 5k wpd
    Therefore... wpd is not such an important parameter... And if you are doing well in a nonCP company... this does not mean that other PVP activities will also be fine
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

at least you have 1 build you can play. Sorc (mag in particular) is nonexistent in pvp now, years of nothing but nerfs, power creep and changes to game mechanics that favor the other classes and do nothing for or outright hinder sorc has left the class in the dust for pvp yet zos continues to shoehorn the class even further into being a zookeeper for pve while nerfing everything else in the class every time a sorc player finds a set that isn't working as intended or is obviously broken. See bound armaments because of savage werewolf and atro because of oakensoul and mines for dark convergence, all 3 abilities were fine as they were before those 3 sets in their broken/bugged state became popular, yet zos felt the need to not only fix/nerf those sets, they gutted those class abilities as well, despite stronger classes like dk abusing oaken a hell of a lot more and recieving no nerfs to corrosive which made them immortal and completely ignore all resistances or necro abusing dark con with colossus to wipe entire groups with very little counterplay especially in lag, where were the colossus and corrosive nerfs to go alongside the set nerfs/fixes? atro got gutted, mines became another completely unusable skill in the sorc kit, crystal weapon became worse than crushing weapon and bound armaments was nerfed so hard they had to completely reverse the nerf to make it somewhat usable again.

BTW, if you want to see some good necro builds and play, go check out Nyce gaming, he runs a stamcro (no convergence/plague) and does really well on it.
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »

at least you have 1 build you can play. Sorc (mag in particular) is nonexistent in pvp now, years of nothing but nerfs, power creep and changes to game mechanics that favor the other classes and do nothing for or outright hinder sorc has left the class in the dust for pvp yet zos continues to shoehorn the class even further into being a zookeeper for pve while nerfing everything else in the class every time a sorc player finds a set that isn't working as intended or is obviously broken. See bound armaments because of savage werewolf and atro because of oakensoul and mines for dark convergence, all 3 abilities were fine as they were before those 3 sets in their broken/bugged state became popular, yet zos felt the need to not only fix/nerf those sets, they gutted those class abilities as well, despite stronger classes like dk abusing oaken a hell of a lot more and recieving no nerfs to corrosive which made them immortal and completely ignore all resistances or necro abusing dark con with colossus to wipe entire groups with very little counterplay especially in lag, where were the colossus and corrosive nerfs to go alongside the set nerfs/fixes? atro got gutted, mines became another completely unusable skill in the sorc kit, crystal weapon became worse than crushing weapon and bound armaments was nerfed so hard they had to completely reverse the nerf to make it somewhat usable again.

BTW, if you want to see some good necro builds and play, go check out Nyce gaming, he runs a stamcro (no convergence/plague) and does really well on it.

I will agree that magsorcs is dead, as is stamcro.

Well... Nyce Gaming has builds not tied to dark convergence and plague... but he also kills to put it mildly not very strong players, such can be killed half-naked... Pardon, I'm telling it like it is.
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it is possible to reach 7600 wpd and more... But this does not negate the fact that you are killed by dragonknight or warden with 5k wpd
    Therefore... wpd is not such an important parameter... And if you are doing well in a nonCP company... this does not mean that other PVP activities will also be fine

That sounds like a build issue that doesn't have enough mitigation.
    Edited by RaikaNA on September 30, 2022 10:22PM
  • CE_Nex
    CE_Nex
    ✭✭✭
    On behalf of all my friends who main templar, please buff necromancer.
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boneyard + Harmony jewelry

"Unplayable" -- I think not
    Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭

That sounds like a build issue that doesn't have enough mitigation.

If I make a defense set or something else to protect... then I won't have any damage to kill... While at DK I am a supertanky and can kill almost everyone... Necro has no damage... I need to wait for the enemy's critical mistake to kill him
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »

This has already been discussed above
    If you do this with stamcro, then you will lose healing. And the healing has already been reduced very much recently...
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paralyse wrote: »

It'd be nice to have necromancer be enjoyable in pvp. Having one viable but obnoxious and boring playstyle is not enjoyable.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Name one person who switched from necro to Templar this patch 😂😂
  • B1G_BoSs
    B1G_BoSs
    Soul Shriven
    I agree. Necromancer has little variability of builds. Most of the builds are based on mana spec and graves. Classes should not be the same. The class has a BB with a good tooltip, but almost no buffs. Even there is no major brutality\sorcerery, which forces you to use skills from other skilllines. Necromancer doesn't have an instant stun, Totem and Ghostly Embrace are probably good in PvE but not in PvP, they have a delay before they stun and are easy to avoid. Ruinous Scythe casts off balance but has low damage, which hinders the ability to deal damage with a combo.
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭
    Amerises wrote: »
    Name one person who switched from necro to Templar this patch 😂😂

Name one person who would switch from any class to necro in this patch... Checkmate
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭
    Another necromancer problem/bug... his Blastbones (flame dmg) ability does not activate the Burning Spellweave set! BUT! At the same time, light attacks from the fire staff activate Burning Spellweave... Why?
    "(5 items) When you deal damage with a Flame Damage ability, you apply the Burning status effect to the enemy and increase your Weapon and Spell Damage by 490 for 8 seconds. These effects can occur once every 12 seconds."
    Edited by hanszimmers on October 4, 2022 8:35AM
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another necromancer problem/bug... his Blastbones (flame dmg) ability does not activate the Burning Spellweave set! BUT! At the same time, light attacks from the fire staff activate Burning Spellweave... Why?
    "(5 items) When you deal damage with a Flame Damage ability, you apply the Burning status effect to the enemy and increase your Weapon and Spell Damage by 490 for 8 seconds. These effects can occur once every 12 seconds."

You didn't deal the Flame Damage, the Blastbones did. There's a number of cases where it works like this, even BG Damage Totals appears to be among them.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 3, 2022 3:12AM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • hanszimmers
    hanszimmers
    ✭✭

You didn't deal the Flame Damage, the Blastbones did.

Hmm... I hadn't thought of that...
    @HansZimmer's EU/PC
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

WPD ??

Whassat, ... Words Per Day ?

I didn't know they could talk you to death.

:#