Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Audience with an Emperor: Morkulth"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog post Audience with an Emperor: Morkulth. This is the first article in our new program spotlighting one of Cyrodiil's Emperors. We hope you enjoyed reading about @Morkulth, ESO's very first Emperor!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • rflynn_ESO
    Congrats you played 14 hours a day to become emp!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know I sound like a jerk, and I may get banned for doing it, but why must all the emperors be mages? specially sorcerers? I am glad bowmen can morph poison arrow to stun mages. it nerfs the mages ridiculous amount of power. but I myself just want emporers/resses that are not mages who spam AOE attacks(not saying this guy did, but the ones I saw did all the time) but congrats anyway. I myself don't play enough to be emp:/
  • coreserv
    coreserv
    Well I for one congratulate you, It is a great feat, I don't know you or your guild(s), But to become first emperor of TESO is incredible, no matter how many hours you played, or whether your a sorcerer. Grats and Good Luck in the future.
    >:) Ceridian- High Elf - Sorcerer
  • coppersloane
    coppersloane
    ✭✭
    Congrats, dude! Enjoy all the nerd-rage hate coming your way... tell 'em to suck it.
    Raen Severus . Imperial . Rank 10 Vampire . Nightbow
    Adamus Regulus . Imperial . Craftsman
    GM of NACHT
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rflynn_ESO wrote: »
    Congrats you played 14 hours a day to become emp!

A) It doesn't take 14 hours a day, it takes skill and a good zergbusting group + solo/duo'ing with a guild backing you up to capture the keeps when it's time, B.) sounds like jealousy to me rather than an actual comment, and C) you can't even congratulate someone rather than insult them for doing what you could not? Yes it was easiest to do when the game first came out because you just had to stay on top and not catch up, plus not many were out pvp'ing yet since they were leveling, but no, it's not simply a factor of time played at all.

Congrats to Morkulth and grats on the interview!
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 2, 2014 8:01PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    First of all: Congrats on the interview and Emperor! But........

Hah! "Prepared" More like brought more PvP guilds than what was agreed upon to Dawnbreaker and rushed to 10...then proceeded to empty cap keeps and hold it for an extended period of time. <3
    Edited by Taven on May 2, 2014 8:49PM
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    My inbox is getting full already :open_mouth: ! Anywho thanks everyone. And no I did not play 14 hours the first day. I played 17 because it was a sunday :P. And for thoose who were wondering, I was actually 5k alliance points behind when ER decided to go out to cyrodiil that day. And @Attorneyatlawl , I don't see you posting on here anymore :(.
    Also, I was not a vampire when I was level 14 getting emperorship.
    Edited by Morkulth on May 2, 2014 9:18PM
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morkulth wrote: »
    My inbox is getting full already :open_mouth: ! Anywho thanks everyone. And no I did not play 14 hours the first day. I played 17 because it was a sunday :P. And for thoose who were wondering, I was actually 5k alliance points behind when ER decided to go out to cyrodiil that day. And @Attorneyatlawl , I don't see you posting on here anymore :(.

Heya @Morkulth, yeah, I've slowed my posting significantly on the official forums (and in general) now that the beta period is over. I actually am in the works on making a mechanics/info/faq type site for the game (not a community/forum/article setup like Tamriel Foundry, but more of a reference/encyclopedia of what exactly things do, what isn't documented in-game, and a little theorycrafting along the lines of a blog moreso than anything). So some of my time has also been taken up by that. My forum presence will be picking up again in the near future, though, so don't worry... there will soon enough be 5000 posts on my profile rather than 1750+ ;). /half-joking

Again congratulations on getting first Emperorship. There's literally no excuse anyone can come up with as far as I'm concerned for why that isn't awesome, and it's a definite achievement any way you slice it :).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on May 2, 2014 9:21PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    Congrats on taking the throne first @Morkulth, its that first ass-print that sits the deepest!

What server was this on, assuming Auriel's Bow as those guild names brought up seem to resonate there.

And much respect for giving shout-outs to the people who got you there. No one person can claim the throne, and many don't realize that.
    • Dragon Knight of Iron Lotus
    • DC DK Vamp
    • Crowned Emperor on Easter. The Easter Emperor.
    • Sword and Board Vampire Dragonknight since beta, band to my wagon.
    • You're Welcome.
  • kyerofox1b14_ESO
    Woo Congratz! (only if you're not a Broken OP Vampire Build that can take on 20 people easy with your broken Ultimate)
  • Alexandrious
    Alexandrious
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta ask, did you take a vacation week or two off when ya went for emperor? Im thinking of doing so for the next campaign, hopefully have a hardcore guild to be in by then to back me up, ill likely play 16-18 hours a day to get emperor once, have fun with it and be done, I really honestly want the outfit lol. Still deciding between a 1h sword and board/Destruction tank or a Destruction/Healing caster spec.
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yawn...
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo Congratz! (only if you're not a Broken OP Vampire Build that can take on 20 people easy with your broken Ultimate)

Yeah because there definitely aren't counters to it. Oh wait, there are, unlike bash-spamming which doesnt even cost a skill slot on your bar.

PS - Give the Emperor credit, dude won. You may not like how they won, but he gets props from me for winning.

• Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    Well played sir, well played.
  • Pltchaosub17_ESO
    All I got out of this is "If you want to win be on the side with the most players and spam bolt escape!"
  • Necro
    Necro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »

Yeah because there definitely aren't counters to it. Oh wait, there are, unlike bash-spamming which doesnt even cost a skill slot on your bar.

PS - Give the Emperor credit, dude won. You may not like how they won, but he gets props from me for winning.
    Vamp ult spam doesn't really have that much of a counter.

However bash spam has sparks it you really wanna get down to it.
  • kyerofox1b14_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »

I AM Haha, Just tossing a stake at those people who just become vampires to exploit the brokenness and become Emps.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats on being crowned the first emperor, Morkulth!
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    I know I sound like a jerk, and I may get banned for doing it, but why must all the emperors be mages? specially sorcerers? I am glad bowmen can morph poison arrow to stun mages. it nerfs the mages ridiculous amount of power. but I myself just want emporers/resses that are not mages who spam AOE attacks(not saying this guy did, but the ones I saw did all the time) but congrats anyway. I myself don't play enough to be emp:/

Not sure which campaign you are on, but I've seen various classes represented at the top of the leaderboards on Hopesfire and Wabbajack.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL saw Entropy Rising and stopped reading.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 3, 2014 1:15AM
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Don't really know what else to say that hasn't been said already.
    Edited by Davor on May 3, 2014 2:17AM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • joshralph21rwb17_ESO1
    awesome work mate!
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta ask, did you take a vacation week or two off when ya went for emperor? Im thinking of doing so for the next campaign, hopefully have a hardcore guild to be in by then to back me up, ill likely play 16-18 hours a day to get emperor once, have fun with it and be done, I really honestly want the outfit lol. Still deciding between a 1h sword and board/Destruction tank or a Destruction/Healing caster spec.

I only took the monday off from school. I got emperor the first day so there really was no need to rush leveling since we were quick in capping the 6 keeps.
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • Falassion
    Falassion
    Soul Shriven
    Congrats on the padded victory :) This took place on Dawnbreaker - where AD outnumbered the other alliances tremendously. Now get it on a server that has some competition and I will be impressed. :) Until then, soak in the glory, at least until people realize what a joke it was and is to rvr on Dawnbreaker.
  • SchizoidMetal
    SchizoidMetal
    ✭✭✭
    I had to log into the forums and post on this.. What a joke the pvp really is and how these rejects chose to play on a campaign with absolutely no DC or EP population and claim they are something special. Why ESO would even chose to interview these guys is beyond me. Why not interview guilds that have actually had to work to get emp like DC on Auriels Bow. Just kinda sucks that all the aussie guilds play AD too so the morning time is just a joke now. Anyways, congrats on your fake emp and your *** tons of BS vampires.
  • Kloui1993b14_ESO
    Lol Such newbs Play on empty server and get crowned emperor. How bout the interviewing the good players like anyone on the Daggerfall Covenant whom are the lowest populated alliance yet kicking ass in all the campaigns.
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me answer those questions for you:

How did you prepare to tackle the fight for emperorship?

We practised a lot in beta loads and loads so we could jump right in on launch day and quickly take keeps to get me to emperor and made everyone in my guild help ME and ME alone to get emperor. We learned the tactics off by heart so we could quickly apply them on launch.

What advice do you have for players who want to become emperor?

Yes, play the game for 20 hours a day. Get your entire guild to help you. Choose a server where your faction dominates the map.

This is what he said:

"The feat of getting emperor is no easy one and it requires a good amount of one’s personal time to get to the top of the leaderboards. I am climbing my way back up to the top on Bloodthorn, but it will take more time. When the campaign leaderboards reset, expect to see Morkulth on the top of the campaign I am playing on."

1. It was pretty easy for you because you got it pretty much right after launch where there was no competition.
    2. Why aren't you at the top? You were top of the scoreboard when you first got emperor...oh thats right, you got emperor easy and can't be bothered to get emperor when everyone else is playing because it's too difficult for you.

When the scoreboard resets I'd like you to go on a server where another faction dominates the map. Obviously next reset there will be more people getting emperor so it will be harder for you to get it because you got first emperor way too easy.

Some people can be on the top of the scoreboard for days and days and still get no emperor. I see someone on my campaign with 8.3 million points. How many points did this guy get when he was emperor??

"First Emperor" doesn't count. This whole article is a joke and an insult to those who have put time and effort into the game. It's like they're making him to be the best player in the game because he basically fast tracked to emperor. Why don't you interview a proper emperor who has spent weeks at the top of the leaderboard. That's someone who deserves emperor.
    Edited by Valn on May 3, 2014 7:20AM
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morkulth wrote: »
    Also, I was not a vampire when I was level 14 getting emperorship.

Regardless of how you put it, being crowned Emperor at level 14 takes skill.
    Everyone around him probably had the same level, if not higher.
    Nice interview @Morkulth
  • Justiciar
    Justiciar
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Glad to see first emperor was in the Dominion. Long live the queen.
    Conquest, Victory, Profit
  • WeSlay
    WeSlay
    Entropy Rising has proven that in the course of three or four hours it is possible to get upwards of 400,000 Alliance Points by having a small group of coordinated individuals "who are a cohesive battle unit."

i.e. they figured out how to camp inside resource towers :neutral_face:
  • adri_sumb14_ESO
    Forgot to mention the "Join a campaign where your faction totally outnumbers and dominates the map"