The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hate to be negative but, the Wraithtide crates are very mediocre.

LukosCreyden
LukosCreyden
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Putting aside people's opinions on the crate system itself, I feel it needs to be said that the newly released crates are of a very mediocre standard and not worth any money.

We have a skeleton polymporph, but it glows a bit and apparently has buggy sound. Just use the free polymorph instead.

We have yet another red mehrunes dagon-ish skin that looks slightly different from the other two.
We have what I am calling the koi carp skin, which completely destroys your character's face and is very poorly modeled.
The rare mounts are all rather mediocre too. Purple bear/guar. Nothing at all interesting here.
We have some fairly good weapons with some apparently glitched particle effects, another weird skin and a couple actually nice furnishings.

Overall, a very disappointing set of items, most being of a noticeably lower standard than usual. This surprises me, as I would expect the crates, quite possibly eso's biggest earner, would have had more effort put into them.
Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might be my least favorite season yet.

I am just thankful I had enough gems to get the very few things I wanted out of them and didn't have to purchase any and get a bunch of ugly stuff I hate and can't get rid of in the process.

Very much looking forward to next season.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do feel particularly lazy and it seems like the quality control keeps getting worse over time. I do like that the polymorph has models for Khajiit and Argonians that the quest reward one does not have, but the constant noise is rather annoying and needs to at least have the volume turned down a bit.

The themed horse being removed and those skins being in the apex category is a crime, doubly so if that horse gets sold to us as a gem/seal exclusive for some reason.

As for the apex mounts themselves, they're just the Reaper's Harvest mounts minus the tendons and "meat" inside a translucent shell like all the other translucent glowy mounts, so nothing new really apart from the tack.

Overall, definitely the most disappointing "spooky" crates so far imo.
    Edited by Zorrin on September 22, 2022 5:48PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised I found 5 things to unlock with gems with how bad these crates are. I wont say they are the worst because this year so far none of the new crates was worth it to me to spend any money on them.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was surprised I found 5 things to unlock with gems with how bad these crates are. I wont say they are the worst because this year so far none of the new crates was worth it to me to spend any money on them.

Agreed. This is a huge moneymaker for zos, so why the low quality items? I wonder, were they rushed? Or is it something else?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zorrin wrote: »
    The themed horse being removed and those skins being in the apex category is a crime, doubly so if that horse gets sold to us as a gem/seal exclusive for some reason.

I had been saving my gems for the horse specifically and was really disappointed to see it being removed from the crates - I'm betting it will show up later as a more expensive crown gem mount later.
    Edited by Veesk on September 22, 2022 8:08PM
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will we ever get a guar radiant apex mount? I have my endeavor just for that very day...
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, a very disappointing set of items, most being of a noticeably lower standard than usual.

It seems everything about the game is lower quality than usual. Subpar releases that are bugged-filled, and store items with little to no quality control, with overpriced tags slapped on them. It's really disappointing.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the normal apex mounts because I love ghost stuff and the color purple and I also think the skeleton insides looks pretty cool, but I still agree with everything else like the fact that there's no apex horse, way too many hyper-specific skins, etc.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The trend of skins and costumes appearing in the apex category absolutely has to go, and the lack of HORSES is criminal. We already lost camels, and if the data mines are any indication horses are also getting the axe. I think I'm honestly done with all this.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The trend of skins and costumes appearing in the apex category absolutely has to go, and the lack of HORSES is criminal. We already lost camels, and if the data mines are any indication horses are also getting the axe. I think I'm honestly done with all this.

This, this, all of this. The next datamined crates will have elk instead of horses, and if we're getting more of the same, I'm willing to bet they will withhold one of those mounts (probably the elk) for whatever purpose they pulled the Wraithtide Horse.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is they are axing horses because of people pointing out their flawed model design and animations.... it definitely wouldn't be the first time Zenimax would be scrapping something from the game instead of taking the money, time, and effort to fix it.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making that costume an apex level reward is a cash grab if I've ever seen one.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • PDarkBHood
    PDarkBHood
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree, the skins (and costumes) in Apex awards has to go, it acts as filler/junk and I hate it especially at 400 gems. I won a number of mounts including Warmaiden's Wolf. When you get that extra card with the greenish/turquoise colour you expect a mount not some skin which is not worth 400 gems, very disappointing. And when I got the Brineglow skin I was pissed, I wanted a mount. But again this is filler for them and it reduces the odds of getting a mount, plus it gets you to spend those gems on the things you want. Skins are worth 40gems to 100gems depending on their appeal, and I like skins, but not at 400gems. Take them out.

In general I though the Wraithtide crates were ok, I liked the bat swarm, and the Moonlight Path Bridge (a bit too short though) and the mounts. The Forge Master's Charger has some weird lines on it, so I will pass on it as I did not win it.
    Edited by PDarkBHood on September 29, 2022 2:26PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trend of skins and costumes appearing in the apex category absolutely has to go, and the lack of HORSES is criminal.

They bumped up the category for these when seals got introduced... the original article just made an offhand comment like 'and now costumes will be in the apex category!' as if it was an exciting thing... :expressionless:
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought these crates were actually pretty good for a change. The seamount raider style looks awesome on my orc!
    PC EU
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't we buy the seamount style with gems or endeavours?
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought these crates were actually pretty good for a change. The seamount raider style looks awesome on my orc!

I thought the new chicken was pretty fire, but that's about it. Spent some gems on that bad boy, for sure.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The RNG with these crates is appalling. Decided to spend all my crowns on the new Wraithtide crates today. 75 crates and not one single apex mount dropped. Just utter crap over and over again. I'm a little annoyed. :#
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • FlipFlopFrog
    FlipFlopFrog
    ✭✭✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »

That's strange, I bought mine with gems.
    PC EU
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely not the best crate we've seen lately. I also HATE that costumes and skins are apex tier now. (I've also always hated the scrolls in the higher tiers--such a disappointment when you flip the card.) I agree with the above person who said the rng is terrible.

I do like all the purple in this crate, but spooky is not really my aesthetic. I did consider buying the Runepriest staff, which is surprising because I rarely pay attention to style pages. The Seamount ones do nothing for me.

I like some of the regular mounts and pets a little, but I have so many that I rarely get them other than the ones I receive through rng.

I was considering purchasing the Ornaug mount and Koi skin based on the promotional images, but I don't really like them as much in game. The skin makes faces look weird, and the mount confuses me. Why are there moths flying around it? Is there a glow worm theme here? I don't know.

I like that there are more eye colors and that they are continuing to experiment with different colored body/face paint instead of all black tattoos (even though these particular ones are a little odd, barring the webs).

The momentos in this crate are cool. I don't use momentos often except for taking screenshots, but these are nice.

The housing items might be the best things in this crate. Too bad they don't go in collections. I'm not a serious housing person, so I usually just buy a single one if I like a crate furniture item, but I can imagine it would be frustrating for people who want several of the same item.

The Sentinel Fox Mask just makes me wish we had Lilmothiit in this game. I wish they would at least add a fuzzy tail option for Khajiit (as well as the other datemined tail options) so I could create my own.

I'm honestly okay with having an "off season" of crates. I can save my gems for the Stonelore crates, which I have a feeling will be much more my aesthetic.
    Edited by Kallykat on September 25, 2022 12:43PM
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    rauyran wrote: »

That's strange, I bought mine with gems.

I looked again and can see them now. No idea how I missed them!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only are they quite mediocre, but also there's more items which seems to have not gone through quality control. That or ZOS has lowered the accepted quality a lot. In the latest 3 crate seasons (this one included) it has been very noticeable.

The weapon styles does not look like their promo shot, an apex costume that doesn't deserve to be apex tier, and what I noticed today when looking through the items again that has also somehow passed quality control. The Magmaheart skin, which is also in the Apex tier. Not only is it yet another Dagon themed skin which looks similar to ones we already got but take a good look at it.

ibMgLRN.png

Of some reason does it have boxershorts tan lines. There's also such a line around the neck.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one is glad - maybe Pacrooti’s evil empire will crumble at last!

The costume was disappointing - really looks like a set of existing motifs and costumes collage, and the 8000 endeavours seals is just too much.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm almost never interested in mounts, but I do like the fluff items from crates. Having said that in this season there's no costumes (except for expensive robe, and I don't like robes) and no emotes. Nevertheless I'm still happy. I'll get the skellington polymorph and two pairs of eyes for seals of endeavor and I'll save my money for a better day.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it's being mediocre.
    The only thing that caught my eye was the boneman polymorph, for unlike the free base game skeleton polymorph (unless they updated it, haven't checked it for a while) that doesn't give Argonians & Khajiits accurate skeleton models (they used the basic humanoid one like the other races), the boneman polymorph actually does give them accurate skulls & boney tails.
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on October 2, 2022 1:07AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.