The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Combat quality of life suggestions

KlauthWarthog
KlauthWarthog
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As stated in the title, the goal here is to list/discuss some quality of life suggestions related to the combat system. This is not about "buff X" or "nerf Y", or "revert Z update".
Most of my suggestions will be related to cooldowns, as those are the things that I notice the (lack of information about the) most while playing. Yes, I am on PC, and there is probably an addon for that, but I believe those are things that should not require an addon.

1. Add a toggle to display the global cooldown on the skill bar
Reason: The GCD is the most important combat timer to manage in this game. It is the "PS" part of "DPS". Making it a toggle allows those interested on it to have it, while not cluttering the UI for those who don't care, or don't need it.

2. Add the enchantment cooldown to the glyph and weapon tooltip
Reason: Consistency. This information is displayed on the other effects with a cooldown, like proc sets. "Deals X fire damage" is nice to know, but I can't measure it against, say, a poison, if I don't know how often it will occur. "Just google it" is not a valid response when you get 2 or 3 different answers on the first couple results.

3. Add a toggle to display the current cooldowns on the buff/debuff timer bar
Reason: Some of the cooldowns are easy enough to track. Pillar of Nirn has a cooldown of 10s, pretty much everything on my back bar has a duration of 10s, it will trigger again when I refresh those effects. The same cannot be said about, say, Whorl of the Depths. Again, making it a toggle allows those interested on it to have it, while not cluttering the UI for those who don't care, or don't need it.

And, last from me for now, something related to a specific set.

4. Increase the duration of the stacks on Sergeant´s Mail from 5s to 6s
Reason: The current duration makes it extremely easy to drop the stacks when swapping to the back bar to refresh DoTs or buffs. Yes, it is the same duration as the stacks for sets like Kinra's Wrath, but those sets require light attacks or instant cast skills to refresh. Sergeant´s Mail requires a heavy attack, even if partially charged, which takes longer to wind up when you get back to your front bar, so it should have a slightly longer duration to match.

So, what are your thoughts on this subject? Are there any changes you believe would improve the overall quality of life on combat in this game?
  • Quethrosar
    Quethrosar
    ✭✭✭✭
    whorl of depths is a buggy mess. the thing can show up after hitting a trash mob one time. been times on long fights i never even saw the whorl pool form.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A small step forward with some tracking towards your target on melee light and heavy attacks, and some stickiness when targeting someone/something with ranged attacks. Too many times I'll hit one thing/person with my attack and another with the skill. I think that lack of tracking is what people are talking about when they say the combat is too floaty.

remove cool down on offbalance. With heavy attacks nerfed its not nearly as potent as it used to be. Would give pve'ers some of their dps back and I don't think many pvpers would complain

Slightly longer (like 1/8th second longer) break free animation that is un-cancellable

Rework % remaining health scaling effects (vamp 3, executioner etc) to have 3-5 break points depending on where the health scaling starts. For reliability when health bars stop being able to keep up with what's going on

Ban Miats. Sometimes I can hear that stupid add on screaming into someone's ear to dodge. It's anti-competitive, lame and the game would be a better place without it.

• notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, here's my list of QOL things

Make the charged trait also effect chance to apply alchemical poisons

Make non-damaged siege weapons stack in the bag/bank

Add in the ability to deconstruct craftable furnshings to get some materials back

Increase the drop-rate of furnshing materails overall

Allow changing of hair colour and dye stations

Unlock the hide part option for all outfit parts

Remove the gender restrictions on cosmetics

Change "body markings" into two sub-categories "Scars" and "Bodypaint & tattoos" while allowing them to stack

Change "head markings" into two sub-categories "Scars" and "Facepaint & Tattoos" while allowing them to stack

Allow for any melee weapon apperence to be applied to any weapon i.e. can make dagger look like a greatsword

C L A S S C H A N G E T O K E N

Add in a safeguard to stop you fishing up a duplicate trophy fish if you have that fish in your inventory

Change horse training so that you can do it multiple times per day, but each time you do it within 24hrs the cost goes up

Make outfit slots account wide

Make companions able to fill the slots of anti-solo mechanics in dungons (direfrost plates, icp levers, frostvault troll smack, ect)

Crate omni-set crafting stations i.e. one anvil/clothing/jewl/woodworking station that can have many/all the craftables sets in it, once you use it at all craftable set places

A search bar for what style you want to use when crafting

Go back over all of the motifs and make the dyes apply to them in a consistant and clean manner
    Edited by notyuu on October 2, 2022 3:22PM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outfit station when selecting a armor piece you can select equip all slots with the same style and weight.,,
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only