The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc needs a good magic DPS set

Sugram22
Sugram22
✭✭✭
what sucks is sorc doesn't have any good DPS sets, cause i use 1 destro staff skill and then crysata and curse main 3 attack skills, but choices are spell dam to class skills 600 or destro staff skills 400 (or were the numbers reverse forgot) or weak ass julianos 299 dam, 299 is nothing burger

the game needs good magic sett, otherwise its SH in cyrodiil, at least i don't know any good sets for sorc better then what i mentioned and even this suck cause i half to chose between destro staff skills and class skills and for sorc its an issue, DK can do well with this but not sorc, i cant even say how sorc's in cyrodiil are doing OK with no good damage sets

change war maided in to all magica paste attacks mesning any class and any skill or increase numbers on julianos to at least 400 or 500 or add new set (best if its cartable) maybe something that works with sorc only if it causes issues otherwise like some other magic paste class becomes 2OP

also i want to ask:
what u think of a build that uses The Lady for resistances so u could have all light pieces divines, would this mean i would need 1 sustain set? it helps to avoid to get in to more sustain issues if i half to wear 1 piece heavy and 1 med full light is always better for sustain, also more defense is also good for pve to, but with this build i would need even better damage set :( i think

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 30, 2022 2:41AM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Mother's sorrow, medusa, BSW, order's wrath, spinners, siroria... yeah no good magcka sets.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    So, Mother's sorrow, medusa, BSW, order's wrath, spinners, siroria... yeah no good magcka sets.

what i call good is like swamp raider 600 dam to ur posion skills, this work only in pve sins crit resist, goot sets work in both like swam raider and u can build around it the way u want do u want more pvp or pve

crit sets are no good if u want to do both pve and pvp, thats why my bow NB focuses more on high damge/raw power, but not complete yet, need tansmute crystals for that
    Edited by Sugram22 on September 29, 2022 6:32PM
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a real thread being posted on?

My sibling in dice, there are so many many sets
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a real thread being posted on?

My sibling in dice, there are so many many sets

any with 400-600 spell damage like sets i mentioned but what work with both staff and class skill? no there is none, others are support sets either crit or sustain or add status effect like burn damage to enemy when u damage them

satm buildsand have better sets even other classes can have some better sets then sorc cause they can stick to class skills but when u need class skills and staff skills u hit a wall, u can't have both :( cause set works only on 1 and u half to chose between staff and class skills
    Edited by Sugram22 on September 29, 2022 6:41PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could go netch for bonus lightning dmg, spell strat if you dig single target, or maybe a pen set instead of dmg? Spinners is the classic there.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sugram22 wrote: »

what i call good is like swamp raider 600 dam to ur posion skills, this work only in pve sins crit resist, goot sets work in both like swam raider and u can build around it the way u want do u want more pvp or pve

crit sets are no good if u want to do both pve and pvp, thats why my bow NB focuses more on high damge/raw power, but not complete yet, need tansmute crystals for that

Order's Wrath is one of the strongest pvp sets at the moment. Crit is fine in pvp at the moment.

Also why not have seperate builds in both like a normal person?
    Edited by Naftal on September 29, 2022 6:59PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    You could go netch for bonus lightning dmg, spell strat if you dig single target, or maybe a pen set instead of dmg? Spinners is the classic there.

well i guess netch is one currently best choice

but my mane 3 attack skills are crushing shock crystal fragments and haunting curse, crushing is spamable

but if there is monster set with good MP regen i could make Innate Axiom + Spider Cultist Cowl work but then i may still half to drop the resistance mundus stone for pen :(

sorc is the most complicated almost impossible to gear up
    Edited by Sugram22 on September 29, 2022 7:13PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

but my mane 3 attack skills are crushing shock crystal fragments and haunting curse, crushing is spamable

Crushing Shock = 67% non-lightning
    Crystal Frags = 100% non-lightning
    Haunting Curse = 100% non-lightning

Netch's Touch would give very little benefit to your main attacks. This is probably the issue with Magicka Sorc. Fire staff and flame glyph are better DPS choice than lightning staff and shock glyph. Curse and Frags are defining class DPS skills and do magic damage. Sorc Pets do lightning damage. Hurricane is quite strong even on Mag Sorc but does physical damage. So Mag Sorc is a real mish-mash of damage types and one of the hardest classes to go for a damage-specific set.

The good news is that damage-specific sets are rarely used in endgame. Raw damage and raw stats are usually preferred. Even in a class than can be made close to all one damage type, like poison DK or flame DK, you are better off with sets like Relequen or Whorl of the Depths or Mother's Sorrow or Kinras, than something focused on poison or flame damage.
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Crushing Shock = 67% non-lightning
    Crystal Frags = 100% non-lightning
    Haunting Curse = 100% non-lightning

Netch's Touch would give very little benefit to your main attacks. This is probably the issue with Magicka Sorc. Fire staff and flame glyph are better DPS choice than lightning staff and shock glyph. Curse and Frags are defining class DPS skills and do magic damage. Sorc Pets do lightning damage. Hurricane is quite strong even on Mag Sorc but does physical damage. So Mag Sorc is a real mish-mash of damage types and one of the hardest classes to go for a damage-specific set.

The good news is that damage-specific sets are rarely used in endgame. Raw damage and raw stats are usually preferred. Even in a class than can be made close to all one damage type, like poison DK or flame DK, you are better off with sets like Relequen or Whorl of the Depths or Mother's Sorrow or Kinras, than something focused on poison or flame damage.

well ppl tend to have good crit resist to

if to go raw power then maybe set what only gives magica? forgot if there are any and then sustain set if resistance mundus stone?

julianos would be good to if it had more spell damage

julianos is only raw damage set i know what any class can use

sets that relay of light and or heavy attacks i don't like sins i don't use them so often that they would be useful, only using light and heavy attacks to restore MP or stam and sometimes to do bit extra damage to mostly if i use MP/STAM draining poison on staff

some end game and pvp builds do use swam raider cause 600 wep dam to posison is raw damage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB9Kr9JZIic&t
    my bow NB is building this just without oken and Balorgh sins i can't get it

its just sorc who can't do it, there is where my critique lays, game needs either a set or change in sorc skills so sorc can do same almost raw power build if u want to or use the set + some other set like some builds like builds that use silks of the sun as 1 set, well the build i am talking about uses Burning Spellweave but i on my DK plan to use silks of the sun instead cause spell dam same but sun proc is constant witch makes it much better
    Edited by Sugram22 on September 29, 2022 8:40PM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ancient dragonguard gives 429 damage, new moon accolyte even 530, but increases the cost of your abilities.
    Both are craftable.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And here I am using False God's and Mother's. Boy do I feel dumb.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if you’re using force pulse you could try burning spellweave the flame portion of this ability will proc the set and this will give spell damage to all the abilities you mentioned.

cgzjq9ggssdu.jpeg
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Well if you’re using force pulse you could try burning spellweave the flame portion of this ability will proc the set and this will give spell damage to all the abilities you mentioned.

cgzjq9ggssdu.jpeg

for DK yes but i said for DK i found that the sun is better sins it is constant proc
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    ancient dragonguard gives 429 damage, new moon accolyte even 530, but increases the cost of your abilities.
    Both are craftable.

increase the cost of ur ability's makes a set trash, reason i looked past it always

Ancient Dragonguard is 300 spell dam
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Ancient+Dragonguard+Set
    it only little better then julianos and i can't craft it sins DLC block, can't get to the craft station, unless i find some1 to craft it for me

until EU morons take their mandates or how they were called back i can't make payments unless its from directly from the bank, reasons here
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/612442/cant-make-payment-cause-of-stupid-change-of-payment-sys/p1
    as i stated before critical sets are only good in pve so no there is none, i mentioned i am interested in both so i don't deal in crit sets but spell damage sets and for stam wep damage sets
    Edited by Sugram22 on September 30, 2022 5:57AM
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are craftable.

increase the cost of ur ability's makes a set trash, reason i looked past it always

it only little better then julianos and i can't craft it sins DLC block, can't get to the craft station, unless i find some1 to craft it for me

until EU morons take their mandates or how they were called back i can't make payments unless its from directly from the bank, reasons here
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/612442/cant-make-payment-cause-of-stupid-change-of-payment-sys/p1
    as i stated before critical sets are only good in pve so no there is none, i mentioned i am interested in both so i don't deal in crit sets but spell damage sets and for stam wep damage sets

Ancient dragonguard:
    (3 items) 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (5 items) Gain 300 Weapon and Spell Damage

129+300=429

Every larger guild has the station in their guildhall, so no DLC required.
    Edited by markulrich1966 on September 30, 2022 2:37PM
  • Sugram22
    Sugram22
    ✭✭✭
    Both are craftable.

Ancient dragonguard:
    (3 items) 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    (5 items) Gain 300 Weapon and Spell Damage

129+300=429

Every larger guild has the station in their guildhall, so no DLC required.

ok, but still sorc is ferry limited and ZOS should fix this

some youtube build pros said this set is a trap
    Edited by Sugram22 on October 5, 2022 9:01AM