The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is there a mod to proactively alert when scryable days left turns red?

jrfk2
jrfk2
✭✭✭
I try to remember to check my antiquities daily but sometimes forget .. and sometimes leave higher level ones to scry later, especially if an endeavor calls for that .. but don't want to let any expire ..seached in minion but didn't see anything .. anyone know of a mod that will warn me when a scryable's days left turns red thanks ...
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 30, 2022 2:38AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the most useful antiquity lead addon is the display leads one, but this one i dont believe does what your asking for, you can open its menu to see which leads you have on any character, even ones that dont have antiquities unlocked, but it doesnt actually push alerts to the chat or notification window when stuff is about to expire (that i know of)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could use this too. Display Leads does allow to click on the Expiration row at the top right to sort to see what's expiring when, but sometimes I space looking at it.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rather than an add-on, I think the game should keep any antiquities that you have not scryed (not sure of that is spelled correctly) active with the exclamation point. That disappears as soon as I log out to switch toons. I have to write all leads down on a piece of paper to make sure I do them later.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than an add-on, I think the game should keep any antiquities that you have not scryed (not sure of that is spelled correctly) active with the exclamation point. That disappears as soon as I log out to switch toons. I have to write all leads down on a piece of paper to make sure I do them later.

they have done some improvements, the biggest problem i have with the base game UI for antiquities is that you cannot see them at all if your on a toon that has not unlocked antiquities

honestly ive never liked the base game UI for the antiquities, it needs a major overhaul to actually be useful
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just googled and came across this thread , was hoping if display leads could have an additional warning sound / text message when leads are about expired like a day or just under 24 hours , I sometimes forget to check my display leads and still have some expire

Event ticket addons give a good warning when 12/12 and let's you know you need to spend before getting more event tickets

I would love something like that in display leads
    Edited by WySoSirius on April 26, 2023 8:43PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the display leads addon it does show the expiry timers in different colors and you can sort by time remaining, but it doesnt actually say post a message in your chat window when you log in alerting you what the status is on things

something that could be possibly suggested to the addon author
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a way for reminding us as well because even with the addon you have to actively check. I missed a lot of leads because of the timer, most of them where repeats, but it would have been nice to scry them for the codex entries.
  • ApicalSniper
    ApicalSniper
    Soul Shriven
    Same. I have lost SO many leads because I didn't scry for a week. :('''
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remosito already answered about "Display Leads" and it makes sense.
    The addon currently does not check any leads data before you open the leads tab at least once, so the warnings cannot be done with current code.

And this is done that way because of performance and server stress! If you'd automatically try to do this upon login you get a noticeably delay and migh get even kicked for message spam (only a guess of mine as this happened in the past with other stuff addons do). So his approach was to not automatically provide such data until you open the leads tab at least manually once.

Maybe put a yellow sticky note at your monitor "CHECK FOR LEADs!" ;-) and then press tje keyboard key to open the leads directly after login once, make it your normal day routine and you get used to it.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just use a calendar application on my PC with regular reminders for repetitive tasks, e.g. daily crafting writs, endeavours, loot the dragonguard chest, etc.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390