Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Theory crafting with Faun's Lark

DeadCrow777
DeadCrow777
Soul Shriven
So I haven't been on the PTS to test any of this but by looking at this set and a few others, I have a few queries.
I'm wondering if this Mythic will work with Prisoner's Rags set. Which at 5 pieces makes sprint cost 50% off and restore Mag per sec outside of combat obviously, on top of something with possible Damage boosting sets like Toothrow, nothing stops you from chaining a few charmed mobs and proceed to pied piper them into your (or others if grouped) AOEs.
Tip toe through the Lego Field my pretties basically is how I'm seeing this set. Can anyone on PTS confirm this?
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a few problems with this though
    • the charm only lasts for 4 seconds
    • not every NPC mob can be charmed

with 4 sec duration the mob would already have to be fairly tightly packed to get them all charmed at the same time, so there would be no point in chaining them

if you chained them before you charmed them congrats you just gave them cc immunity from being charmed unless you were using something like rush of agony

i dont see how the prisoner set would make your scenario any better, you cannot sprint and cast at the same time, and it takes like 2 or 3 seconds of sprinting before the charm starts working
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • DeadCrow777
    DeadCrow777
    Soul Shriven
    Like I said, I haven't been on the PTS to test any of this. From what I saw no limit outside of timer and the tier of enemy on how many you could charm. So I just envisioned running circles and benny hilling my way through elemental blockades (Mine or someone else's) and making the charmed enemies walk willingly through it all. Also I don't see anything about re-charming after a presumable 1 sec cooldown after the 4 sec charm wears off. I'm taking my lemons and shooting for OJ but will be happy with lemonade.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the charm is effectively counted as a CC, which means on an NPC they gain cc immunity for like 7-10 sec after a cc wears off (they usually dont ccbreak out of the cc when it happens, but they do auto gain cc immunity at the end of the cc)

so if they are too spread out, the first npc would be charmed for 4 sec, then immune to cc for 7-10 sec (during which time its chasing after you because it is now aggro'd to you)

and if you were talking about something like overland, you couldnt run that far from the mob spawn spot anyway without it tethering

the 2 main uses i see the charm effect to be useful for would be speedrunning dungeons, or trolling in pvp
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I just see it as being a PvP Item/Fashion Item/maybe incredibly niche PvE situations.

I was testing it as an item for usage as a Vamp for speed running dungeons as the only time I get detected on vamps is when I ram into the enemy so having something that would stun them if I did would be alright but, it prevents you from being invisible at all while sprinting not just when it actually applies to a mob.

For regular PvE usage it basically only works on mobs that you don't need to CC in the first place and requires you to be right up next to them and be sprinting.