The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Who else HP TANKs in PVP?

eternalshockcable
eternalshockcable
✭✭✭
  1. Trying see if about how many other tanks are in cyrodiil .?
  2. what would you like to see get un-nerfed or re-balanced?
  3. what sets do you believe are good for this, recent changes or update 36?

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be a popular choice when combined with Thews of the Harbinger, Necromancer class's Bone Colossus, and other sets that scaled on max health.

Don't see it that often anymore as damage has gone up a lot leading to damage mitigation sources being the answer over max health.

Not sure how viable it is these days, but on block tanks with Thews it might be useful?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • eternalshockcable
    eternalshockcable
    ✭✭✭
    Thews of the Harbinger

was nice at one point. They nerfed it.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play tank in Cyrodiil. It is my most frequently used character this days. But I am stam tank, not HP tank.

My playstyle is build around core fighting skills and shield ultimate. It isn't much about gear, although right gear can help.
    Edited by Elendir2am on September 26, 2022 6:26PM
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Serious question, what's the scope of such a tank in Cyro, just to bait inexperienced people?
    Every pvpers i know just ignore those tanks and focus them only if all people around are dead, so I really can't understand what is that you aim to do.

• Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being in first line and cover your allies. If I stand in front of enemies, they cannot attack my allies, but my allies can attack them. If they want to get around me, I have ways to slow them to give my allies time to kill them. This is irreplaceable in attacking keep with numerous defense.

PS: I avoid duels, because it would be long boredom.
    PsPS: When I go with my magsorc, I wish (in vain) to have such ally.
  • Rampeal
    Rampeal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »
    Serious question, what's the scope of such a tank in Cyro, just to bait inexperienced people?
    Every pvpers i know just ignore those tanks and focus them only if all people around are dead, so I really can't understand what is that you aim to do.

Tanks have their usefulness. True Tanks that stack resistance and health can be crucial in capturing points. Have just three of these tanks standing on the flags supporting each other causes the enemy to make difficult choices. Do they try to burn the tanks down to keep them from capping the point or chase down the Dps from killing their army or focus on the heals keeping everyone alive. It causes chaos which is good in PvP. Every role has their place. PvP is not just meant for DPS.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to play a tank once in cyrodiil... Was garbage at it. I've seen some good ones though and they definitely have an impact on the fight. Much like pve where good tanks do more than just taunt... In PvP they do more than just survive.

I've been in large group v group fights where the enemy tank is just attached to my healers hip, fossilizing and talonsing the crap out of them. This is problematic, especially when you go try and help but still can't.

I've also been defending when the inner door comes down... And any zerg that tries to come through gets melted by siege and ultis... But these two tanks they just waltz right in, mistform up the stairs and start whacking at who we have pouring oils.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah tanks in PvP as a whole might be a bit underrated. Maybe in cyrodiil they will struggle to find a role. But in IC they can have much more impact. In BGs they can slot an execute for trying to secure a low health kill.

In BGs they have a stupid amount of play options. In DM they can body block for DDs, they can carry relics or bash enemy relic grabbers. They are awesome inchaos ball. In flag matches they can sit on flags preventing a flip or ensuring a flip.

I hate running across them...but they do their job very well in IC and BGs.