The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is the resign option already working on ToT ranked?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been noticing in the last days that most players are now resigning on ranked matches instead of waiting until the end to lose. I also noticed that they don't get any time penalty, since 1 second later I'm matched with the same player that resigned before. I'd like to know if it is working for all like this or if we need some addon, tweak or something to be able to resign with no time penalty. Other than this I'd like to know if it's better to play until the end when losing or resign, will we lose less points resigning or losing?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been resigning all of my losses for a while now, but too have noticed that many more people are resigning games. I think that there has just come a point where people more easily see the writing on the wall, so they don't waste their time continuing on.

I had a game where someone even messaged me that things were just taking too long and they figured I would win so they conceded. And they were right. They didn't really have a way to keep their prestige, but I was only gaining prestige very very slowly. Thanks Rajhin.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been resigning all of my losses for a while now, but too have noticed that many more people are resigning games. I think that there has just come a point where people more easily see the writing on the wall, so they don't waste their time continuing on.

I had a game where someone even messaged me that things were just taking too long and they figured I would win so they conceded. And they were right. They didn't really have a way to keep their prestige, but I was only gaining prestige very very slowly. Thanks Rajhin.

When we resign now we don't have any time penalty? Did they change it? Or are players using some addon to fix it? And about the points... we lose more points by resigning or is it the same of losing in the end?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just played 6 matches in a row in which all opponents quitted in about 3 to 5 turns. It's all good, because I kept earning rewards, but I'm really curious why's this happening so much more now. Are quitting players receiving rewards too? There's no time penalty now?

Can someone tell me what's happening so I don't need to quit a match too to find it out? :)
  • Lunatearz
    Lunatearz
    ✭✭
    theres a ten minute timer.. i think if you are past the ten minutes in game you can conceide without penalty

they should remove it alltogether.. its bs to have to get a double penalty for conceiding