The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning NB main LF working pvp builds.

NylAR
NylAR
✭✭✭✭
Hey! Returning player after a couple years break here trying to get back into the action!

I read a couple posts stating that NB is in a great spot in PvP right now and actually no longer needs to gank. This is something I've been wanting for years and years. I've always hated the 1 shot gank playstyle, later having to completely rely on procs and always wanted to be more of a quick playstyle shadowy Warrior.

Are there any good build resources that actually focus on this side of NB out there? Preferably stamina ofc, but I don't mind a good Magicka build either. Or perhaps can any of you provide good tips on sets, mundus, skill set etc.?

I would appreciate it lots!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2022 4:17PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Battlegrounds, IC, no CP IC, Cyrodiil, or no CP Cyrodiil?

Each one of these areas of pvp benefit from different builds and playstyles.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... Fear (not sure which morph,) now lowers affected enemies' weapon damage by like 250. Major cowardice I think its called? Might be worth checking out if you aren't going to be cloaking -all- the time.

Mirage (not sure which morph,) now like... Lowers the cost of your next roll dodge by 10% if you meet certain requirements... Might be worth looking into.

The stam morph of execute now scales its execute damage from 50% health instead of 25% making it viable in PvP.

Nbs have a decent class burst heal now also in malevolent offering.

Concealed weapon (the mag morph,) gives you minor expedition just for being slotted and increased your damage by 10% for 5 seconds after leaving stealth, invisibility, or when major expedition ends. So this might be your spammable even if you are stam. Which... If you don't plan on being a cloakblade might be sustainable. I havent tried it on a stam setup but the bonuses are hard to ignore.

Twisting path is one way to get major expedition on a nb the psijic skill race against time is probably more popular though.

War maiden is a popular damage set but that pigeonholes you into mag. Probably the way to go though tbh, since you say you've never been overly fond of proc sets. Innate axion is also good on a nb, because its super easy to load up on all class skills.

But I'm a no proc player anyway, so that's all I got to say. Some other people can give you some other good sets I'm sure.

Oh, one last thing, being a vampire synergizes too well with being nb to give up. At least if you do plan on going invisible sometimes.
  • NylAR
    NylAR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    Battlegrounds, IC, no CP IC, Cyrodiil, or no CP Cyrodiil?

Each one of these areas of pvp benefit from different builds and playstyles.

Preferably battlegrounds and CP IC for starters, never really played in Cyro tbh.
    Edited by NylAR on September 25, 2022 3:36PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know where you read NB is in a great spot. This year has been confusion for me personally, but by all accounts Dizzying Swing brawler specs are at the top, e.g. DKs and stamdens.

I'm wearing Rallying Cry and Mara's Balm on my magblade now. Damage-wise it's weak, but what else is new. It's the only thing that has felt reasonable lately, despite me being very used to playing squishy, low health, high mobility builds. In other words for the magblade with the high sustain and speed that I love, this patch is not great at all.

Was talking to a stamblade who has much more damage than me while running old gear, New Moon, Clever, Balorgh basically, with which he seemed happy. Recommended weapon damage: 6K+. He situationally topped out at 8K+. High (weapon / spell) damage builds net you high healing from Shrewd / Healthy Offering, while Resolving Vigor now includes Minor Resolve, and Mirage / Phantasmal Escape yields gradual roll dodge cost reduction. Those are nightblade buffs alright. You can retain Shadowy Disguise and have good defense in a medium armor build, whereas I feel light armor is hampered by the double whammy of low physical resistance and it's additional physical damage penalty. You don't need Rally, if you can find Major Brutality elsewhere, Oakensoul or a potion basically.

As to the patch overall, people say burst is in, because of Mara's Balm and the weakness of DOTs. I'm not convinced of that. I've run into stamblade poison DOT builds, e.g. Blackrose bow, Acid Spray, poisons, probably Swamp Raider and another poison set, along with Kjalnar. That certainly seemed effective in hunting down other nightblades (me), not least because Shadowy Disguise doesn't suppress DOTs anymore. This is the thing. DOTs last a long time. It's probably fair to say that DOTs only work, if you stack a lot of them and choose stronger ones. On the other hand, the same is true of healing. Yeah, if you run a very high weapon or especially spell damage spec, I've heard claims of up to 20K crit heals from Healthy Offering. This is not borne out in my much lower spell damage build. On that build I struggle.

When Shrewd / Healthy Offering was introduced, I found I could frequently extricate myself from being focused by block-spamming that skill with 1H+S a few times. This is no longer true. Not on my build. I've basically been forced into Mara, despite using both Shrewd Offering and Vigor, until I figure something out. So, for now, I disagree. The changes that were made to the game may be good for a bow-wielding vamp stamblade or some drastically different (high damage / low sustain?) magblade, but they haven't been good for my magblade.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my stam NB kind of functions more as a brawler, and the only real changes ive done on my build so far is switch out a maelstrom 2h (due to the dot nerf, its insanely bad in pvp now), for a asylum 2h since i still use executioner (so this also helps me build ult faster)

i also changed the assassins scourge to assassins will even though im stam, because the mag morph was getting about 1600 more tooltip dmg on the proc, and since physical and spell pen and dmg are basically the same now, its fully effective and takes a little pressure off my stam bar

im currently running gear wise: sellistrix + plaguebreak + ring of the wild hunt + 2pc agility for the stam bonus
    weapons: front bar asylum 2h mace, back bar perfected blackrose bow

could i maybe get a little bit more kills using balorgh over sellistrix? probably but i enjoy the sellistrix because i feel the stun is trolly and it sometimes does kill people who arent paying attention
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014