The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Endeavors made more of a grind once again.

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    opalcity wrote: »
    Endeavours !
    No way in normal play would anyone do 20 grp bosses in a week thus us a grind I won't take part in

Thanks for letting us know!

My guild runs regular trial training, so worrying about getting the weekly endeavour not really an issue this week.

Nothing to do with trials, it must be world bosses, which I guess they introduced it as possible the next event starts this week and surely the daily worldboss quest will count to get a specific reward box and tickets.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Gaebriel0410
    Gaebriel0410
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the 20 world boss endeavour is grindy either. Sure, normally I wouldn't kill 20 WB's a week either (unless a new motif drops from them haha).

But while the dailies are things I can do super quick if I want the seals, I always considered the weekly endeavour something that would roughly require "an evening of playing".

And I think that's perfectly fine, the weeklies are the ones I always consciously try to do while the dailies are more like "I'll do them if I remember".
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endeavours !
    No way in normal play would anyone do 20 grp bosses in a week thus us a grind I won't take part in

My guild runs regular trial training, so worrying about getting the weekly endeavour not really an issue this week.

Nothing to do with trials, it must be world bosses, which I guess they introduced it as possible the next event starts this week and surely the daily worldboss quest will count to get a specific reward box and tickets.

I meant that I will be passively doing one of the other weekly endeavours, without having to worry about the 20 Group Bosses.

But now they've announced HoHI, farming WBs is an easy way to get event rewards, so doing twenty shouldn't be that much of a grind anyway.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, endeavours are getting harder and harder to do. Which sucks, as they were fun to do when they were first released. But I guess ZOS saw the number of players doing them every day, and found they are losing too much money that way. Endeavours should be fun to do, not be a daily chore.

But all endeavours are heading into the chore category more and more. Which is bad, as it used to be a fun side-game, taking me to places I wouldn't normally go, yet not forcing me to stay there for too long.

Endeavours should not take too much playtime to complete!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Endeavours !

If only they would start an event on Thursday that would encourage us to fight Group Bosses. Maybe even do something like drop event tickets and goodie boxes from the group boss dailies so we would be encouraged to share them/do as many as possible...

Sarcasm aside, the weekly endeavors are designed to be a bit grindier than the dailies, considering you have 7 days to do it instead of just 1. They're also not mandatory. I know I don't normally go farming for group bosses, but I probably will this week and I'll make sure to grab things like the quests to do so - some of the boss quests have chances of dropping expensive motifs (like the minotaur in the Gold Coast), and chances at extra sellables is a nice reward for going a bit out of my way.
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remeber when "place furnishing" was 3, then 5 and now 10.
    Annoying people this way is a rather risky thing to do when your game has a lot of problems and constantly bleeding players.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrLasagna wrote: »
    Annoying people this way is a rather risky thing to do when your game has a lot of problems and constantly bleeding players.

Yeah, I noticed this today as well: the number of furnishings to place went up to 10... I wonder tomorrow what else will become more tedious... One thing's for sure, seal quality is definitely changing and it's definitely deliberate. Ugh, I swear, we can never have good things with this company.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not like it's a taxing or time consuming task. I have a house that just has 5 jester boxes and 5 books in it for this endeavour. Pick them up, put them down. Done.

If they increase something that wastes real time, like putting the mundus stones up from two to four, then you've got extra loading screens and travelling to do - that's an actual issue.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Endeavours !

Gathering mats (I think that is one choice this week) is trivial.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not like it's a taxing or time consuming task. I have a house that just has 5 jester boxes and 5 books in it for this endeavour. Pick them up, put them down. Done.

If they increase something that wastes real time, like putting the mundus stones up from two to four, then you've got extra loading screens and travelling to do - that's an actual issue.

I found I had to place them from inventory the last time I tried that. Just moving something around wasn't working. Perhaps I did something wrong though.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I found I had to place them from inventory the last time I tried that. Just moving something around wasn't working. Perhaps I did something wrong though.

You're right, you have to select them and put them away, then put them out. That's why I pick things that stack so it's quicker to put them out.

The first time I had this endeavour I missed the point completely and went out scrying and digging up furniture, but that wasn't enough, so I made two chairs - I genuinely thought they had to be new, separate items, not just something you already had and could pick up and put down over and over. 😅
  • Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    Dangranma_Burgrukgad
    ✭✭✭✭

When it will become boring for you? At 25? 35? 50?
    Because if they don't stop they will increase the number over and over

• opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know, but if they do increase it to a point it bothers me, I simply won't do them. Endeavours aren't a big deal, if Zos took them away it wouldn't matter. The things in the endeavours and crown stores are wants, not needs. No-one is being made to do them, no-one has to do them to improve their character. Endeavours are only as important to you as you let them be.

It's just a game.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    I wish people would be more thoughtful at the delve bosses. Its great that you can kill the boss in 0.25 seconds, but you don't have to. Give everyone a chance to get a hit in, please. It not like it takes time to get the boss down even if everyone is taking a hit and stepping back.

It gets really silly with the FOMO. This one just spam light attacks and still gets counted :D
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed last week they aren't giving us experience for each one all the time.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't know, but if they do increase it to a point it bothers me, I simply won't do them. Endeavours aren't a big deal, if Zos took them away it wouldn't matter. The things in the endeavours and crown stores are wants, not needs. No-one is being made to do them, no-one has to do them to improve their character. Endeavours are only as important to you as you let them be.

It's just a game.

I do them because they are there. I will probably never spend them however since I will always be concerned I might want something from them after I buy something.

Though your argument is a bit flat. The game is a want, not a need, so I should give my money to some good charity cause instead, right?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right, you have to select them and put them away, then put them out. That's why I pick things that stack so it's quicker to put them out.

The first time I had this endeavour I missed the point completely and went out scrying and digging up furniture, but that wasn't enough, so I made two chairs - I genuinely thought they had to be new, separate items, not just something you already had and could pick up and put down over and over. 😅

If you have done enough of the Dark Brotherhood, or even just enough to get the guy that gives you stuff... you will end up with a bunch of sacrificial hearts ... and yes, I have an Inn Room with a bunch of them all over the floor... I pick them all up, and then toss them back out ... there are 12... so I know I got it.

Auldwulfe
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

They never did. Sometimes you get gold, sometimes XP, very rarely Tel Var stones and transmute crystals, but I can't remember the last time either of those were bundled in.

It's just a game.

I do them because they are there. I will probably never spend them however since I will always be concerned I might want something from them after I buy something.

Though your argument is a bit flat. The game is a want, not a need, so I should give my money to some good charity cause instead, right?

Not sure you got the point. There is nothing in the endeavour store that a player needs to progress in the game. The only thing I can think of are the motifs, if someone needs something to do a master writ.

Everything else is just cosmetic. So if you don't do endeavours, you're not really missing out.

I said nothing about what you do with your irl money. Apologies if my argument was flat, but yours was irrelevant.
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    My pet peeve is when there is no combination of endeavors available (3 of 5 for a given day, 1 of 3 for a given week) that a casual non-PvP player like myself can solo in a "reasonable" amount of time (by which I mean an amount of time commensurate with the reward).

Granted, the system is voluntary and no-one is required to participate (though this begs the question: why bother with a system like this if your design is calculated to discourage participation?), and I can always just do 1 or 2 out of 3 daily endeavors when I am short of time or the balance is wonky on a particular day... but there can be no way out for weekly endeavors.

By all means offer endeavors that involve group content or PvP... but don't ever do this exclusively, please insure some combination of soloable open world option(s) as well, sufficient for credit.

As an example... I basically refuse to set foot in Cyrodiil, have never liked any form of PvP in any of the games I have played over the years (really disappointing when 3 of 5 daily endeavors are PvP in nature), and camping group bosses or trying to organize a group for them is not my idea of fun (doing 1x occasionally as a daily is sometimes palatable, but 20x is a non-starter for me), and PUG-ing dungeons seems to be universally unpleasant in every MMO ever created... but I have no objection to going to Skyreach Catacombs or Spellscar (or public dungeon in a zone with potentially useful overland sets) and grinding out some mass quantity of class ability kills (or whatever... and of course I can also leverage this sort of thing to level a junior character or a companion, or just collect champion points).

Seems like there should be room in the endeavor system for "busywork" compatible with all styles of play.
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aca2017 wrote: »
    though this begs the question: why bother with a system like this if your design is calculated to discourage participation?

Endeavours are Zos' way of abiding to recent changes over loot boxes and gambling in games. As long as they can say that they are following the rules, it doesn't matter to them how many people are participating.

https://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-theorycrafting-endeavors-year-one/ is a great breakdown of the endeavours (thanks again, BB) and how they have been split up amongst pve/pvp and base game and dlc.

I originally thought that this week's 20 WB was excessive, until they announced HoHI, then it made sense - of course that doesn't help those of us who don't have High Isle! Saying that, I was checking out the traders in Mournhold last night and someone was organising a world boss run in Deshaan for the endeavour, so don't give up just yet!

The pvp thing I can relate to, I was never a fan to start with but it's surprising how much you can do and get away with without even seeing another player in Cyrodiil
  • Aca2017
    Aca2017
    ✭✭✭
    Endeavours are Zos' way of abiding to recent changes over loot boxes and gambling in games. As long as they can say that they are following the rules, it doesn't matter to them how many people are participating.

With you there. If you do the math, calculate how long it takes (months, even at a seamless 100% level of participation) to earn enough "Seals of Endeavor" to purchase a single robust reward (like a mount), then compare that with the duration of a single crate season...

The notion that "endeavors" provide anything like a legitimate/meaningful alternative to "gambling" as a means of obtaining rewards from a time-boxed mechanism like "crates" is... not credible. One could easily see it as purely pro-forma compliance with some external constraint, exploiting a loophole, not really changing anything.

I would prefer to view the endeavor system as a constructive mechanism, intended to entertain players... one more thing that can get me out of the Belkarth outlaws refuge for purposes other than gathering, something that gives me a chance to visit parts of the game I haven't seen for a while, etc. I just wish they would tweak it so it did not discourage participation 20+% of the time.

• opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aca2017 Average gain of 500 a week, yeah 32 weeks to get the most expensive item in the store.

They can definitely afford to be a bit more generous
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »

They never did. Sometimes you get gold, sometimes XP, very rarely Tel Var stones and transmute crystals, but I can't remember the last time either of those were bundled in.

It's just a game.

Not sure you got the point. There is nothing in the endeavour store that a player needs to progress in the game. The only thing I can think of are the motifs, if someone needs something to do a master writ.

Everything else is just cosmetic. So if you don't do endeavours, you're not really missing out.

I said nothing about what you do with your irl money. Apologies if my argument was flat, but yours was irrelevant.

No, I got your point. That doesn't mean them adjusting the endeavors to make things cost more and more and take more actions is not something that can be commented on.

The entire game is optional, so it could all be skipped. People can have strong opinions on what they do not like.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Endeavours were added to comply with Microsoft's policy on loot boxes, which says anything in them will be earnable by in-game means as well. "

If you read the Microsoft policy it does not apply to existing content purchased by Microsoft. It does apply to projects in development.
    I believe the endeavors are to comply with new laws in some countries pertaining to loot boxes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."