The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Making a necro and could use advice

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like to make the strongest necro I can, what would be THE MOST meta race to go with the class? What top-tier end game gear should I work for? What is the best 2 bar and 1 bar skills to use?

I'd love to know your builds and thoughts behind them, thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 27, 2022 1:46AM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely strongest damage dealer necromancer is a dunmer necromancer. Being a dunmer gives you 258 spell and weapon damage, and also 1910 maximum stamina and magicka. This is better than what an orc would get (1k stamina and 258 spell and weapon damage).

For the gear, it depends. What content are you doing? Are you optimising for each fight separately? What your group wears?

Here's a nice table of gear sets with footnotes about when to use a set. Combine a trial set with non-trial set to get mximum benefit of the sets.
    unknown.png

Skills depends on the content and the fight you are doing and on your group too. Here's a cropped screenshot of the necro skills from the Skinnycheeks' spreadsheet listing the best damage over time abilities.
    Screenshot_20220901_192609.jpg

Choose 8-9 best skills you can use from the list, use the best spammable for the situation (flurry for single target, silver shards for multiple targets and spin-to-win for trash). The last one is Camoflaged Hunter, which serves as a passive slot for more mobile fights where having a lot of dots will be more of a hindrance to you.
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you this helps a lot, i'd want different sets for situations. So i'd have raid gear (trial, i'd assume rele+pillar+harpooner or serpent?) and i'd like to figure out what skills would be the best for that, single target huge DPS. Then i'd like to make a gear+skill build for massive PVE AOE nuking because I heard that necro is so fun for that. Then i'd like to make a support healing build, it would be my first toon that can heal so something really optimized would be great, any advice on those types of build + gear + spells i'd appreciate!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »
    I'd like to make the strongest necro I can, what would be THE MOST meta race to go with the class? What top-tier end game gear should I work for? What is the best 2 bar and 1 bar skills to use?

I'd love to know your builds and thoughts behind them, thank you!

google skinnycheeks, check his website and think a little to make a build. That's all there is to it.

I use a stam necro atm.

rele+pillar+master bow + kjalnar and i have no complains. outside of terrible glitches,
    Rotation is easy

skills are blastbones > skull > deadly cloak > barbed trap > detonating siphon > necro monster smash ulti.
    back bar boneyard > skeletal archer > poison injection > support skill that recovers ultimate per corpse > floating ghost that heals > necro monster smash ulti.

i use dots 1-2-3 of backbar- swap to front use skill 1>2>3>4>5>1 in order and insta barswap to use backbar dot 1 than barswap to front again and spam blast and skull untill all dots run out on backbar.

not the best of the best, but gets the job done for me.
    Edited by francesinhalover on September 26, 2022 3:21PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post