Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Major problem with the Templar class skill "Honor The Dead"

t.claudio.usnub18_ESO
So here is my story, I was doing a random Vet Rank 2 Dark Anchor and I was dying, for a second I thought my heal was broken, but little did I know my healing "Honor The Dead" was not healing me but some random person and pets because they had lower health, now I am fine with my healing others, "BUT ONLY IF I WANT TOO" I was not in a group I was solo but around others fighting the same Dark Anchor.

My "Honor The Dead" heal should not heal anyone other then me unless I target them in my crosshairs or I am in a group with them, as a result I died tree times because my own healing was going to someone else, this is bulls$%t If I would of known this I would of never rolled a Templar I would of made a Dragon Knight at least they have there own personal greedy heal, and at my level vet rank 2 there is now way in hell I am going to reroll another character it takes farrrrr to long and not counting all the time I put into crafting and all my lore books and achievements.

Before anyone tells me use a healing staff, Ahhhhh "NO" that's for my bow, I play MMO's to get fully immersed not what overpowered or flavor of the month, I set out to play a heavy armor tank paladin type class and my heal is junk when I am around others, and I will not use the cast heal as that is a death wish just waiting to happen for a lock down combo so that's out the question.

My fix would be to make it so "Honor The Dead" will not heal anyone that is not in your group or raid unless targeted by my own crosshairs, I am not a healer, I am a solo player that only groups with others when needed, I walk alone and so should my heal.
Edited by t.claudio.usnub18_ESO on May 2, 2014 10:11PM
  • LadyInTheWater
    LadyInTheWater
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the tooltip doesn't mention groups or targets. I believe it just mentions nearby allies, which means people in your alliance.

You can always reassign your skill points and pick the other morph. But, whether or not you want to spend the gold is a whole other topic. You could title it "I don't want to spend gold to reassign my skill points".

As for this topic, it's obvious you're not happy with it. But, as much as you don't like it, it's working as intended.
    The moment you call someone stupid, or try to display your opinion as "fact", you lose all credibility.
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can keybind self-casting.

The real problem with Honour the Dead is its tooltip is highly misleading, the magicka return effect only kicks in if your health is below 50% AFTER Honour the Dead has healed you. In other words it's almost completely useless.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on May 3, 2014 2:41AM
  • DeathTrap
    DeathTrap
    ✭✭
    You can keybind self-casting.

The real problem with Honour the Dead is its tooltip is highly misleading, the magicka return effect only kicks in if your health is below 50% AFTER Honour the Dead has healed you. In other words it's almost completely useless.

This is my major problem with Honor The Dead. They need to either fix the tooltip (which would be unfortunate, since the current implementation is fairly useless) or fix it so it returns Magicka if the target is under 50% before the heal takes affect.
    Cake is a lie. Pie is truth. Cookies are uncertainty. Muffins are the minions of a false God.