The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No New Houses

Imagie
Imagie
✭✭✭
This year we've received 3 new houses (1 is an Inn room) which is a big decline from prior years. Is this year setting a new precedent where we can only expect a couple real houses a year? How does this improve housing for the game? Its definitely a mixed signal as the new update adds new features to housing but I don't think cutting the amount of new houses each year is the answer. Disappointing.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2022 6:34PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was the year of the Breton, but it's actually the year of "That's it? Really?"

I've never had this urge to spend more money and time on a game, only to find less and less reasons to do so.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on September 21, 2022 4:46PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three houses? There is the inn room, and that that high isle mansion.. I am blanking on the third one, what am I missing?
    Options
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans for a house that will be reward from an event, like we had the Psijic Villa?

Many people have asked for a wizard tower, or just an empty plot of land.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
    Options
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently zos has shifted a major part of their human resources towards the new ip, they are working on.
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    Any plans for a house that will be reward from an event, like we had the Psijic Villa?

Many people have asked for a wizard tower, or just an empty plot of land.

shalidors shrouded realm kind of already has a wizard tower structure in it lol

i wouldnt mind open houses though, they make great storage locations lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Three houses? There is the inn room, and that that high isle mansion.. I am blanking on the third one, what am I missing?

Was Sweetwater Cascades or this year? I think that might be the 3rd one.
    Edited by Smoky on September 22, 2022 7:30AM
    Options
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoky wrote: »

Was Sweetwater Cascades this year? I think that might be the 3rd one.

Sweetwater Cascades was available a year ago.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates (No updates for May 6 and May 14 due to IRL events).

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
    Options
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭

It was Seaveil Spire, was around April.
    Options
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't count crown-only houses as 'real' houses. If chapter doesn't give at least one house (not room) for gold, it doesn't have houses at all. Period.

Why? Because I paid for the chapter already. Ergo, it must provide content I can get without paying more real money. Everything else is extra content, it has nothing to do with chapter itself, and it doesn't matter where the entry point to this extra content is located. I mean, if it did, we should have unlimited access to DLC dungeons located in base game zones, right?
    Edited by Eric_Prince on September 22, 2022 7:49AM
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

To consolidate all feedback into one place, we are going to close this thread down, so that the discussion may continue here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.