Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Firesong and U36 Roadmap

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
We've updated our roadmap for U36 and Firesong. Link to the website version here.
3x40bt0sdzvk.jpg
yvre0r5gc2sc.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on December 14, 2022 3:23PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets in towns was one of those longstanding QOL issues I never really expected to see the Devs come up with a solution that could make pet-users and pet-haters happy, but hey, here we are! It's cool to see this come to ESO.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not a road map, that's a travel log.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hide pets in town ?

Emperor scaling in cyrodiil ?

what???
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can guess at most of these, like I'm guessing you'll be able to click F5 in a friend's house and see the items.

Emperor already scales even in the nonVet campaign, so what is scaling here, the leader board?

Customize actions, *select items available via crown store or crown crates after U36 launches. What or earth is this? Official macros? It doesn't say Presets, so is it referring to slots? Maybe it means emotes or pathing for companions/houseguests, though it seems odd to mention only via the crown store. Would there be a base pack for free like the armory station?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Nexxperumbra
    Nexxperumbra
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I can guess at most of these, like I'm guessing you'll be able to click F5 in a friend's house and see the items.

Emperor already scales even in the nonVet campaign, so what is scaling here, the leader board?

Customize actions, *select items available via crown store or crown crates after U36 launches. What or earth is this? Official macros? It doesn't say Presets, so is it referring to slots? Maybe it means emotes or pathing for companions/houseguests, though it seems odd to mention only via the crown store. Would there be a base pack for free like the armory station?

Nah, you can pay money to make wood sparkle when you cut it. Super exciting I know
  • Nexxperumbra
    Nexxperumbra
    ✭✭✭
    For real though, we're all aware that the community has been looking for a roadmap, especially during the u34 pts. While I'll give partial credit for listening to the community, this seems to be in line with about everything else "listening to the community goes". A singular patch that we've already gotten information on isn't what people are wanting. Now if you made NEXT year a road map, showcasing the general idea of where we're supposed to be headed, especially with combat/nerfs/buffs, I believe we'd be met with much more optimistic mindsets. This is very similar to the warden changes. We'd be happy with it if you actually gave us exactly what we were asking for, not taking it and giving us an extremely small portion that's based upon the community feed back, and then a massive portion redesigned by the devs to something that's almost insulting compared to what was asked for. Please show us a 6 month or 1 year road map showing us what direction we're headed towards. I understand you may not know content wise, or may not want to share the content side, and that's totally fine. It could read as:

March 2023 Roadmap

"New zone to be announced".
    "Expect up to 15 hours of questing in zone to be announced".
    "2 new undisclosed dungeons"
    "However, during this time you'll also see the finished hybridization systems".
    "Major combat changes"
    "PC-EU/CONSOLE NA/EU server upgrades"

April 2023 Roadmap

"Minor combat changes"
    "Server maintenance"
    "Bug fixes"
    "Update 35 Q&A" (should be done by this time, yes?)
    "Undisclosed New PVP content"
    "Beginning of Imperial city event"

You get the idea. Something in that similar vain would be appreciated, I'd imagine by everyone in our community. You'd still be able to withhold exciting new information concerning future content that you don't want to disclose quite yet, but people could at least have a general idea of what to expect month to month, and I personally believe this would help create better relationships between the devs and the players, especially after the u34 fiasco. Many in the community see u34 as a failure, and be that as it may, I don't think the devs intentionally try to ruin the game for people. As that doesn't make any sense from a business perspective. This doesn't mean that it was good patch though, or that it delivered what it was supposedly designed to do. I still believe it to be in everyone's best interest to have some kind of explanation on why things were done, and what we can expect going forward from here. Better communication and a bit more patience from both sides would serve everyone well. So if we could potentially get those answers, and a 3/6/12 month road map showcasing further into the future of what to expect from our beloved game, that would be great.
    Edited by Nexxperumbra on September 25, 2022 8:42AM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was desperately hoping that "customized actions" was for combat skills. I really love warden but am not a fan of cliff racer. If I could just replace the cliff racer with, like, a nature wisp or something I would be very happy.
    Customized gathering animations are cool and all, but I really think that these are at the very bottom of the list when it comes to animation customization. I barely even register the gathering animation, so the customized animations would sadly be wasted on me.

Customized combat effects, though? That there would be a huge game changer and, lets face it, a huge moneymaker.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.