The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to counter opponent that spams: Dizzying Swing + Reverse Slash (as a magicka user)?

moleculardrugs
moleculardrugs
✭✭✭✭
Particularly one that uses destro staves. I am having a hard time fighting off players who spam these two moves and heals in between. Even major defile spells (from magcro or magplar or magblade's ult) does not seem to hinder them.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, that has always been a problem. Which is why videos like this one have been created.

https://youtu.be/lbICmSleqPs
  • moleculardrugs
    moleculardrugs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaysha wrote: »
    yes, that has always been a problem. Which is why videos like this one have been created.

https://youtu.be/lbICmSleqPs

That was a hilarious video 😭😂, and it highlights the dilemma quite well!

I feel like IRL if you’re going to rush someone who can fire fireballs or zap off electricity or even fire sharp poisoned tip arrows, that you’re going to have a bad time.

But in ESO, you can just rush them, get burned, shocked, shot, a bunch of times, and then uppercut them with a 2H weapon and call it a victory 😅
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best counter to big damage is to use heals yourself. Unfortunately this is just the problem with this game right now. You really can't counter heals with defile because they simply outclass their damage equivalents on top of how easy it can be to mitigate damage. Even if healing was 1 to 1 equal with damage you could simply line of sight or block cast back to full hp, which really has no counter. Defile reduces healing by far less then damage gets mitigated by many sources. Healing ALWAYS lands and has 100% accuracy, but damage can be mitigated or outright completely negated. If you go hard on heals to counter the dizzy spam you will inevitably find that the fight will just turn into a stalemate.

Best advice is to just travel with a team so you can avoid most stalemate scenarios. Heals are better then a single damage dealer, but not more then what a team can dish out in a prolonged fight. This is really a problem that zos needs to address.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stun them, create space, and use a damaging ability with a snare effect as part of your offense. This isn't going to stop them forever, but when they're casting race against time (or whatever,) they aren't casting dizzy swing.

Alternatively you could block. Even without a shield blocking is still very useful. Blocking dizzy swing is better than roll dodging it in my opinion because of the cast time on dizzy. You can be too fast, and when your character stands back up they get hit anyway.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The easiest way to counter dizzy swing users is to have built in movement speed + snare removal on your character. If you run 2 swift and have a source of major Expedition, you shouldn't have an issue creating space against the D Swing user. DSwing has horrendous targeting against speedy players, so the best counter for it is often to just kite them.

Learning to block or dodge the second dswing or medium weave is also big. If they hit you woth one DSwing, they're either going to throw another DSwing or medium weave to stun you. Blocking that followup will keep you from being stunned and force them to reset the combo. If you can hold off long enough for your off balance to go away, then they likely won't be able to stun you at all because most DSwing users don't run a stun besides Dawnbreaker and off balance medium weaves.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy Swing spammers or Whirling Blades spammers, who is more pathetic/easily entertained?
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    Players always spam spam one skill, because that is what the skill is: a spammable. I think only whirling blade spammers are pathetic because the skill doesnt even require targeting, is undodgable and also an execute so you dont need to switch to executioner like with dizzy. It is often spammed by zerglings. Dizzy Swing is just a spammable and used because people dont have acess to a better option. If you dont want people to use dizzy swing, you have to give them alternatives like a better class stam spammable or buffing flurry and shield bash.
    Dizzy isnt overpowered, it was rarely used the last few updates.
    Edited by Iriidius on September 23, 2022 9:08AM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    I think only whirling blade spammers are pathetic because the skill doesnt even require targeting, is undodgable and also an execute It is often spammed by zerglings.

You know what else is spammed by zerglings? Dodge roll. I think pathetic is a bit too strong of a word. I get kills where I can get them. Now that most classes have a good burst heal I'm very thankful that all of my stam PvP toons don't need to use 2h for rally. I think you're overlooking this as one large reason why 2h isn't as prevalent as it used to be.

• baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Kite them. Only really works if you are a ranged spec though.

If you are melee, heal and snare removal
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people