Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How to stop automatic taunt of Amber companion?

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
How to stop automatic taunt of Amber companion?

I think this is bug. But I can't find out instant solution for this also.
My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
with [1Stam Blade].
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean that Amber is just getting aggro without a taunt ability? If yes, this applies broadly to all pets both targetable (including companions) and non-targetable (which is why certain encounters reset when a warden has a netch up). Otherwise, check your companion skills and make sure you don't have an ability with a taunt slotted for Amber?

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Do you mean that Amber is just getting aggro without a taunt ability? If yes, this applies broadly to all pets both targetable (including companions) and non-targetable (which is why certain encounters reset when a warden has a netch up). Otherwise, check your companion skills and make sure you don't have an ability with a taunt slotted for Amber?

I didn't let Amber have taunt skill. No 1S1H puncture, just destruction staff only.
    I can't find out what is actually problem, but thanks for your advice.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She could also be using her class healing skill if she has one equipped and grabbing healing aggro.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Sorc pets control "Y+LMB" for attack and "Y+RMB" for heel does not work for companions? Would be smart with a similar system for companions I think.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any chance you have an ice staff on her?
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Any chance you have an ice staff on her?

No, She equipped fire staff.
    with [1Stam Blade].

2023/12/21

2024/08/23
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are doing less dmg than the companion, the enemy will gravitate towards attacking the companion over you as enemies attack the "highest threat" target usually

if you personally have a taunt, then the enemy aggroing on the companion is not an issue

im assuming the aggro on the companion is only being an issue because you are using a normal ranged weapon and the companion will try to open distance and dodge roll from the enemy

if they have an ice staff they wont do this (and they dont have a taunt if you dont give them the first destro skill), but they still have the ranged attacks, they just wont dodge roll to get away from the enemy to get out of melee range
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you are doing less dmg than the companion, the enemy will gravitate towards attacking the companion over you as enemies attack the "highest threat" target

This will normally be the case at first encounter, when the player is melee, and the companion is ranged. The comparison is between “some” and “none yet”. You then need to actually taunt to change the enemy’s “mind” about who to attack. Or maybe stun, so they re-evaluate after.

Doing less damage overall is also likely if you run a tank with a damage companion, but that is how you develop your tank skills, by getting the aggro back.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try one of these
    193-EFA36-D1-D8-4-AE1-9-CFB-A264-D8-E462-BE.webp