Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Linking a different account to Stadia

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
There's been only 1 post on this I can see, and I don't see what I'm trying to do is "wrong".

I have a Stadia account. I bought a base copy of the game in Stadia. I linked my long time ESO account X to it. But I gave up trying to play it because of a number of issues, but mostly because I'd maxed out that account. So yesterday I created a new ESO account Y.

I logged into X, and unlinked Stadia from account X. I then logged into account Y, and attempted to link it to Stadia. All I got was a banner saying "Contact Support". I've done that, and just got a form letter saying try again by clearing cache. I did that, and even tried an incognito mode, and Microsoft Edge, and nothing changed, still got the banner saying Contact Support.

Has anyone managed to successfully switch their Stadia - ESO linking? I don't want to move any resources, nothing, just literally change the ESO account associated with the Stadia version of the game.

Blues? Any ideas?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 22, 2022 12:51PM
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    So when I tried to login with this new account to my PC client, it said "can't login" because the account doesn't own a game? But I do own the game...

And even if I didn't I now own TWO versions of the game (the Stadia one, and my original PC/Mac) one.

But I just want a fresh start on Stadia.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Romilly

Do you currently have a support ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks - it eventually was resolved. Apparenly the first unlink didn't really unlink - apparently it soft-unlinked it, but this doesn't let a new account be linked. I re-linked, and after much back and forth, it was manually unlinked from your side, and I was then able to link the new account to Stadia.

Its not clear if this will always happen or not, you might want to investigate and either fix it, or add the option to ask for the manual fix without a lot of relatively pointless support suggestions and confirmations.

Thanks again for checking in.
    W
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for the update regarding this account issue. Since the issue is now resolved, we will go ahead and close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.