The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roaming Housing NPCs

Prophet_of_Malacath
I'd love to have more than 10 House guests. But more specifically, I'd love "filler NPCs" - they need not be unique, but maybe serve as locals (or hostiles) for decoration (and RPers).

Goblins, Ogres, Minotaurs? Or even standard races? Maybe a station where we can set uniforms (and guards just emulate that)?

Imagine being able to set a furnishing that spawns 3-5 NPCs who just wander around or engage in 1-3 pre-set animations?

WoW achieved this via its own strongholds where you could set guards by faction or race - so you'd fill your encampment with X group and it'd feel like yours.

How would you all do it?
What would you like to see?
Have any games achieved something similar?
ESO gives us these massive homes but some of us want to build neighborhoods! A wee 10 npcs isn't enough! Do we use statues? Build NPCs from parts? Practice dummies?
How would you do it?
The Pariah's Forge is an Orsimer-focused Discord RP Hub: https://discord.gg/KfuWGFDXJC
  • XaraxDev
    XaraxDev
    ✭✭
    I think that would be great but dont get your hopes up as far as expanding slots for those collectibles. One thing they could do is to create mostly static npcs that just have one animation (such as sweeping, fidgeting in a chair, eating etc) that are categorized into traditional furnishings. They already did something like that with the soul- shriven creatures from the housing editor purchase tab. I would very much like chore npcs that bring life into the home.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about letting us set our house guests to randomly roam and interact with various furniture? Instead of having to set a path every time? If I put a pet outside let it wander around, or two humanoid house guests indoors can randomly walk around and even say a random line of dialogue if their next randomly chosen interaction is another house guest.

That's what I though when I read the Topic.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about letting us set our house guests to randomly roam and interact with various furniture? Instead of having to set a path every time? If I put a pet outside let it wander around, or two humanoid house guests indoors can randomly walk around and even say a random line of dialogue if their next randomly chosen interaction is another house guest.

That's what I though when I read the Topic.

How would that work? They don't know the layout. That's not how npcs work in the game either. They need set paths to follow.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your suggestions! I’ve mentioned this before, what I would like is for us to be able to put actual enemy mobs in our homes and set the frequency they spawn. For example, a 5% or 10% chance that when we enter our home, our enemies have tracked us down and are there waiting for us or looting our homes, or if we wanted to create our very own “dungeon” we could set it to 100%. The mobs would be worth no experience and drop no loot, just something to have for fun 🙂

PS. Also, being able to set them as hostile or neutral would be nice too.
    Edited by Elvenheart on September 22, 2022 2:22AM