The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Single Bar pets, discussion

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In order to have permanent pets such as Unstable Familiar, Clannfear, Twilight, and Bear to single bar slotting some changes need to be made to make this viable while also introducing some complications more than just freeing up two action slots and one ultimate. They would have to remove the effect of them being indefinitely summoned by making them duration based, not a big issue they would probably have an extended duration of 10-15 minutes or up to 30-60 minutes is not a problem. They could even add a refreshing duration effect when using their special ability so they don't expire during combat or at unforeseen circumstances.

What would be the problem is that every time you move into an instanced area or change zones you will have to recast the spell to summon them every time; I think that's a reasonable trade off. The other issue I can really see come up is with Werewolf transformation having access to 3-4 pets, even if their active special would not be available with action bar restrictions, you still have more combat bodies by your side. Then of course how much of a power increase would it be if you freed up 1 ultimate or 2 action bar slots, having the Bear around with Northern Storm could be a fairly large damage boost, but how much of a boost could it be?
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect currently, there is an 'unsummon pet' command that happens when you switch to a bar without the pet. I wonder if that could simply be changed to not unsummon the pet. You cast the pet and it stays until you remove it and it doesn't make any difference if your other bar does not have the pet slotted. The only thing the slotted bar would do is summon the pet and activate its special ability. My magsor is petless but would serious reconsider using them if each pet did not take up a slot n both bars.

Regarding the bear, I'm actually fine double slotting the ultimate bar for that. Both my wardens happily use their bear as is. Double slotting the bear is okay for me. Double slotting the sorc pets is a deal breaker though.

A timed pet that had to be recast would probably result in me going petless regardless of warden or sorc. Would hate that.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 21, 2022 11:38AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah a timed pet would make it as bad as a necromancer lol

in fact, would rather have a necromancer that had a more permanent summon because i truly dislike the temporary pet summons
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014