Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

No Achievement/Completion XP for anything?

AlCiao
AlCiao
✭✭✭
I posted recently that I wasn't getting completion xp for things, and was told that this is due to the new server-wide achievements thing - once you've done something on one character, it's shared across all the characters. Okay. That sucks, but at least it explains it.

But now I'm doing things that I've never done before on any character, getting the achievement for it - but no big amount of completion XP like I used to. What gives?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 20, 2022 1:50AM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For example the slayer achievements that you get in dungeons were giving a lot of experience per character. But with account wide achievements that is long gone. I guess we have to live with this change.
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭
    Treeshka wrote: »
    For example the slayer achievements that you get in dungeons were giving a lot of experience per character. But with account wide achievements that is long gone. I guess we have to live with this change.

I'm not just talking about getting a lot of xp once-per-account. I'm talking about not getting it at all, ever, even when I do something for the first time.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlCiao wrote: »

I'm not just talking about getting a lot of xp once-per-account. I'm talking about not getting it at all, ever, even when I do something for the first time.

Not even when you do a daily crafting writ?

Do you have documentation? Have you reported it?
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know we got experience for achievements.
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

Not even when you do a daily crafting writ?

Do you have documentation? Have you reported it?

No, I get xp in general, I'm talking about the huge bonus for first-time-completion xp the first time you do something, such as per WB, per delve boss, per dolmen, etc.

You used to get this on every character the first time they did one. With achievements being account-wide now, you apparently only get it once, on the character that first does it.

Except I'm not getting the huge bonus xp for anything, even when I've never done it on any character before. Regular xp, yes. The huge bonus xp for completing a specific delve, WB, etc, for the first time? Nope. Which sucks, as it's a huge bonus amount of xp.

This another bug, or another "feature"?
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Out of enlightenment?
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @AlCiao Can you document an example and then place that in a ticket? That way, we can have the dev team take a look and see what's going on. Feel free to send the ticket to us also. We can pass it along to customer service. Thanks.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    @AlCiao Can you document an example and then place that in a ticket? That way, we can have the dev team take a look and see what's going on. Feel free to send the ticket to us also. We can pass it along to customer service. Thanks.

Thank you! I didn't think to take a screenshot last night, but I'll do another delve and screenshot the xp gain with the achieve gain and send it. Thank you :)
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The completion XP for those WB/delve achievements was removed from the game when Ascending Tide launched. Not just not given for a repeat, removed entirely. What you're seeing is exactly what I've seen since then.
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    The completion XP for those WB/delve achievements was removed from the game when Ascending Tide launched. Not just not given for a repeat, removed entirely. What you're seeing is exactly what I've seen since then.

Why though? Was that in the patch notes? I read the patch notes and don't remember seeing something like this.
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭

Done, and messaged you as well, though for some reason I wasn't able to attach my screenshots to the in-game CS ticket, as checking the Attach Screenshot box apparently does nothing? No option to upload a screenshot or anything.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! I didn't think to take a screenshot last night, but I'll do another delve and screenshot the xp gain with the achieve gain and send it. Thank you :)

I'd make a video clip of what happens rather than a screenshot, if clips can be submitted to support that is...?
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »

I'd make a video clip of what happens rather than a screenshot, if clips can be submitted to support that is...?

There didn't seem to be a way to attach screenshots, much less clips. I don't know how to make video clips anyway.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

Why though? Was that in the patch notes? I read the patch notes and don't remember seeing something like this.

Why would be speculation on my end, I don't completely know. It was not in the patch notes, but then again those completion xp weren't really documented either.