Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Files Repair Freezes at 89 Percent

Pashen
Pashen
✭✭✭
On PC . as the title says, I couldn't launch my game, so I went to the repair function to repair and it froze at 89 percent on the second verifying files. What I mean is ...it goes through a first verifying to 100 percent then starts on another verifying and freezes at 89 percent...any ideas on what this is.
Also, I ensured all my visuals were up to date and that my firewall was allowing access.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long are you allowing this freeze to occur? It can seem frozen for a chunk of time.

Try this reboot your machine, start the repair and go do something else for 30 minutes. Laundry, play with the dog, get outside for a while, do an errand, binge watch a couple episodes of a show.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pashen
    Pashen
    ✭✭✭
    Well gave it three hours I think that is enough time for it to get past 89 percent so something is wrong, just need help as to how to fix it. Afraid if I uninstall and reinstall it will freeze again . and that I won't get it to install.
    SO re-installed the game as the repair never did work after 89 percent.
    Edited by Pashen on September 20, 2022 8:58PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Pashen

If the progress bar freezes or gets stuck when trying to patch or repair, please try the following steps:
    1. Open the launcher in administrator mode, you can do this by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as administrator" from the drop down menu.
    2. Go to game options. This is located in the middle of the launcher under the news feed.
    3. Cancel any update in progress.
    4. Return to game options and select settings.
    5. In setting change auto update from always to never.
    6. Press apply.
    7. Select the cog wheel up the top right hand corner of the launcher.
    8. Select the megaserver you want to change to ( EU or NA)
    9. Once this is complete go back to game options and select check for updates. This should start to patch the game for your new server.
    10. If it does not patch select repair from game options and wait for the repair to finish.
    11. Once the repair has finished select check for updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post