The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do people Q for randoms and friggin leave....

ellmarie
ellmarie
✭✭✭
This. Why in the... do people Q for randoms and then leave you as your already in there fighting? It happens so often to me. Is it because they don't like the dungeon? I get that, some dungeons suck. But its a RANDOM!!!

I know we aren't still getting properly matched with levels in randoms and that's frustrating....However, it's also a pain you want to get your daily random done, and people are constantly leaving your group.
Edited by Psiion on September 15, 2022 3:25AM
Xbox X- NA
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a couple dps leave a DLC dungeon the other day after the first boss. The healer was lower level and doing fine. Would cleared the dungeon just fine. Like you I was completely baffled.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    This. Why in the... do people Q for randoms and then leave you as your already in there fighting? It happens so often to me. Is it because they don't like the dungeon? I get that, some dungeons suck. But its a RANDOM!!!

I know we aren't still getting properly matched with levels in randoms and that's frustrating....However, it's also a pain you want to get your daily random done, and people are constantly leaving your group.

Well it happens.. When you run enough of them you start to see the same few people queuing for vet when they shouldnt be and aren't contributing at all like dead weight. I actually just left one myself due to tryhard heals running ahead trying to pull 5 additional groups and dying everytime telling me how to run a dungeon ive been doing for a decade. Thats the guy that hopefully will realize he dont belong there.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some dungeons suck.

Yep, I think that's the cause. I would rather unplug my PC than run March of Sacrifices or Lair of Maarselok one more time. Don't get me wrong, both are beautiful dungeons, its a shame they were ruined by awful boss mechanics with lengthy immunity phases that just add to the slog.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had problems with people quitting as soon as they loaded into Castle Thorn and Lair of Maarselok. I wanted to visit Moonhunter Keep, but waited until it was a pledge so at least people would have an incentive to finish it.

If you queue for a random normal, you should accept what the game gives you; sometimes you'll get lucky with Fungal 1, sometimes you'll get Maarselok. If you queue for random vet, you should understand it's Russian roulette and be at least minimally qualified to run vet dungeons. It's just a mix of common sense and civility.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people farm transmute crystals by doing RND on 9 characters, day after day. If they abandon dungeon they will get a 15 min cooldown on that character, so they relog and queue on a different character.
    I personally do not farm transmutes and prefer longer and harder dungeons, as i get to play my role, instead of running after a fake tank DD who soloes everything.
  • WinterHeart626
    WinterHeart626
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only time I’ll leave is if the tanks a DPS and the healers a DPS and tank DPS runs off and god pulls.
    I’ve been known to moonlight on the healer DPS side of things, but I’ll ALWAYS have a healthy offering on hand for that just in case moment. I don’t mind spamming it and having health drain, my recovery is 2,100 hp back per 2 seconds 🤷🏻‍♂️
    What I do mind though, is a dungeon with a boss, that MUST be tanked.
    I no longer do my hexos ward sword and board back bar, with taunts, as I’m trying to get used to my new dungeon build.
    Plaguebreak is fun 😂
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they leave at the beginning they were hoping for a quick easy dungeon 90% of the time or the other 10% they are just not confident in doing that specific dungeon.

If they leave later its usually a case of feeling the group won't be able to complete the dungeon, based on the groups performance during the boss fights or even fighting the trash on the way to the boss fight, if your dropping dead to the regular trash mobs on the way to the boss fight that is a big red flag for me as the tank.

Or real life requiring them to step away, eg if I hear a thunderstorm overhead in the middle of a run, I won't be sticking around to complete the dungeon, I will be exiting the game and turning the computer off.
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    I leave because I’ll inform the group that I’m doing the quest, that will be ignored, and I’m just not helping out when people won’t pay attention. Yeah, yeah. The event and everyone just wants the reward boxes. Don’t care.
  • Xenite
    Xenite
    ✭✭✭
    People bail because theirs no real consequences for it. People will jump in as a fake tank and if it's a hard dungeon they will just bail and switch toons and repeat, they couldn't care less that they are screwing everyone else over. I had a 'tank' come in yesterday with a bow equipped and just stood in the back.

Could easily be fixed with account wide cool down penalties and a simple skill/gear check for roles but Zenimax like a lot of other stuff refuses to fix it. Also they need to prioritize replacements for groups already in a dungeon. If someone bails as soon as a dungeon starts that group should get the next available tank/healer/dps.

It's insane to me that it takes 20+ minutes to find a replacement.... often MUCH longer then just leaving and finding a new group.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s like getting into a cab or uber and seeing that your driver is visibly intoxicated and swerving all over the road. Do you stay in the car and hope for the best, or would you jump out at the first stoplight?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After review, we have gone ahead and moved this thread to a more fitting section of the Forums. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
    Staff Post
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its been many years ago in a different game. Game had 7 dungeons/week limit. I was lv30 and to continue leveling i needed to do an easy 6 player dungeon. 6 times i went with randoms (+5 other players), and each time team would fail the 1st boss and everyone would quit. On the 7th (last) dungeon try i asked my friend to log my lv10 alt, we (duo) finished the dungeon without problems. Morale is, dungeon run is not always hopeless, if people know what they are doing.
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday evening I pugged Graven Deep (normal), we had a tank with a SNB, so I though we were going to be in good shape, but no, every time we came to a boss, he would not taunt it, when we came to the final boss, he would literally run away from it, the boss was all over the place, no one understood the mechanics and after two wipes, I decided I had enough.

I personally don't care what level you are (I'm CP 1750 +/-) when doing normal dungeons as long as you're putting in an effort but I haven't experience to many people leaving right away, I just assume they DC'd and I continue on, sometimes they come back, sometime they don't, who knows, maybe someone showed up at their door needing something. Life happens

Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had problems with people quitting as soon as they loaded into Castle Thorn and Lair of Maarselok. I wanted to visit Moonhunter Keep, but waited until it was a pledge so at least people would have an incentive to finish it.

If you queue for a random normal, you should accept what the game gives you; sometimes you'll get lucky with Fungal 1, sometimes you'll get Maarselok. If you queue for random vet, you should understand it's Russian roulette and be at least minimally qualified to run vet dungeons. It's just a mix of common sense and civility.

Hear hear! I agree with you completely. People should understand what they are getting into when they random, rather than using it to farm transmutes and screw everyone else. I feel like account wide cooldowns should be implemented to stop people from queuing and leaving to try on another character. I wish everyone was civil and not selfish about their dungeoning experience, but it seems that’s asking a lot…
    Argonian Master Race
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my case...

>90% is server crash. And couldn't back to dungeon within short times. Usually it happen in event period.
    >10% Just give up. Some dungeon can't do solo without people's good cooperation.

But I don't do "rage quit" usually.

>>It happens so often to me.
    I don't know what kind of role you usually take. But, If you keep doing something nonsense
    behavior in combat situation frequently (many of careless quick dead, keep attacking meaningless target
    and failed mission), then it might be a one of possibility of rage quit.

By the way, If you do tank mainly, you must taunt 6 or 8 mobs at once.
    If you can't do that without healer, then your building don't fit for the tank role.
    Or need more level grinding for not only combat, but also crafting skill.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting posts, needed to see other sides or suggestions. It's definitely frustrating. Sometimes you just want to hurry and get your randoms in! I'm a DPS, level 1541. I've never tanked or healed.

I didn't know you got your transmutes for just q-ing up and leaving? I thought you had to complete it?
    Xbox X- NA
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done it probably a few times. IRL stuff, friend asked my to fill a raid spot, or last night when I randomly started falling asleep halfway into the dungeon and had to tell my team yo I'm sorry my eyes are literally closing, I gotta dip.
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought: if you leave the dungeon, your connection to the game is fine, if you crash - you go offline, or the app closes, so, surely, there must be a way for the game to tell the difference. So no penalty for crash, but if you bail after the queue popped - no dungeons for you today? More nuanced, for crafty guys who would close the game when it's not FG1, but something like that.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    for Bethesda/Zenimax. FYI Lair of Maarselok should not load as a random. lol what a painful dungeon!
    Xbox X- NA
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm checking team mate's behavior at the starting point of the dungeon.

Some dungeon have specific AoE design and gimmick, the newer DLC dungeon
    explains those mechanics at the starting point of the dungeon with few of mob enemy.
    (not always though)

Regardless level rank or build style, bad team mate ignore those tutorial experience,
    and do nonsense death just at the corridor. Worst case is that 3 team mate die instantly
    at the first boss contact except me. Too much careless death will lose trust against team mate.
    Or some both 2 DPS become panic, and ignore damage work. Totally not cooperative.

If tank is very tough build, then can kill some dungeon boss by solo. But some dungeon
    very need team work.

If I saw much of those type of bad player in group, say "good bye".

Edited by AvalonRanger on September 18, 2022 4:15PM
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I'm checking team mate's behavior at the starting point of the dungeon.

As a dps, I guess I'm not aware of what the healers/tanks know and what they're aware of to look for in a group. And well after this morning, I now understand the whys with particular dungeons. A random should be a nice quick one. This one was over an hour, and all kept dying, and we were 80% into it. This.. I understand why people leave.

Xbox X- NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting posts, needed to see other sides or suggestions. It's definitely frustrating. Sometimes you just want to hurry and get your randoms in! I'm a DPS, level 1541. I've never tanked or healed.

I didn't know you got your transmutes for just q-ing up and leaving? I thought you had to complete it?

you do have to complete the dungeon to get the random bonus, if you quit before the end you have the 15 min penalty on queue

but some people would rather sit through that than play a longer dungeon (which on avg can take 15-30 min depending on the group)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014