The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help--can't remove pirate costume

Roxxsmom
Roxxsmom
✭✭✭
This is really weird, but when I went into a dungeon (Blackheart Haven) yesterday, I obtained a pirate costume I never used. I clicked on it today out of curiosity, and my character equipped it. The costume disappeared from my inventory at this time. I expected it would probably disappear when I entered combat or changed zones, but my character is still wearing it! Screen shot included.

It is not listed in my costume section under "appearance," and attempting to put a different costume on does nothing (a little eyeball with a slash through it appears, presumably to indicate that the costume I am attempting to put on is hidden). When I look at my inventory, it says "apparel hidden," but there is no way to un hide it. I don't see anything in my character screen either.

Relogging didn't fix it either, though my character loading screen shows me as being in my normal gear.

How can I remove this costume, or am I doomed to forever be in this silly pirate costume from Blackheart Haven? u0znlikd3p73.png
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 20, 2022 2:41PM
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory-> where jewelry is equipped -> little cloth hanger = quest costume.
    You should be able to remove it from there.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disguises are the same slot as guild tabards, I think. So equipping a tabard should also remove a disguise.

Next question: how do I remove a tabard?
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    Inventory-> where jewelry is equipped -> little cloth hanger = quest costume.
    You should be able to remove it from there.

Thanks! That's indeed where it was. I found another such costume in my inventory as well, and I could switch between them there. It still wasn't clear what I had to do to remove them, but once I switched the costume, it did appear on my gear "paper doll" in the inventory screen, and I could remove it.

Whew. Thanks everyone!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update regarding your costume issue. With the costume now removed successfully, we will go ahead and close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.