Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Platings pricing

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
How are we supposed to be effective if the prices are too high, it takes too long to farm and they change the meta sets every three months?
Anyone else see this as a major issue,?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the best sets already have their jewelry drop in gold quality if you do the content at the hardest mode.

If you're not, gold jewelry isn't going to make or break your ability to do the content.

Yes, it's expensive, so only do it for those sets you know will form the basis of your build, and only if it doesn't have an in-game gold drop source.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zos has publicly stated that they test all dungeons in blue quality gear with no cp. If you need gold plated jewelry to run similar content then gear may not be your issue.

Look I don't like that jewelry plates are hard to farm. But I also find that I don't need to gold plate it to be effective. Green, blue and purple grains are actually farmed pretty easily so long as you are doing the right content for it. It's not hard, it's just a time commitment.

The issue is not many players are willing to put in said time. Which is why they prefer to buy plates from the few that are. This means prices are high, and will remain so.

You have to remember that the true cost of every item you can trade in eso is 0 gold plus N time, or X gold for someone else's N time where the value of X is equal to how much that person values X gold for their N amount of time.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    (...)It's not hard, it's just a time commitment.
    The issue is not many players are willing to put in said time. Which is why they prefer to buy plates from the few that are. This means prices are high, and will remain so. (...)
    ^^
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP