The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Forced to keep PS4 and PS5 versions of ESO

Meesha1170
Meesha1170
✭✭✭✭
Just bought a PS5 and transferred ESO from my PS4. I originally bought the game on disc. I then upgraded to the PS5 version. Afterwards I saw there were two versions of the game, which takes up lots of space, so I checked various sites and people said you can delete the PS4 version of the game at which point I did. Played the PS5 version of the game with no issues for a while and ejected the disc and played some other games. When I signed back in this morning both versions of the game had disappeared from my console so now I am having to download it all over again. Is there a way to only have the PS5 version or am I stuck having to keep both versions stored and is it because I originally bought the game on disc that this is happening?
Edited by Meesha1170 on September 18, 2022 9:21PM
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I played ESO on PS4, I had the disc copy. I bought a digital copy of ESO when I recently got my PS5 digital edition. I only have the PS5 version of ESO installed, and it works. And I have access to all of the ESO DLC that I bought while playing on the PS4.

Perhaps someone who is using an ESO PS4 disc with their PS5 disk edition will reply to this thread and let you know if they are able to have only the PS5 version installed.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can have just the ps5 version installed, but you have to insert the disk to play, not sure why either version would have auto deleted themselves though
    Soupy twist
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »
    When I played ESO on PS4, I had the disc copy. I bought a digital copy of ESO when I recently got my PS5 digital edition. I only have the PS5 version of ESO installed, and it works. And I have access to all of the ESO DLC that I bought while playing on the PS4.

Perhaps someone who is using an ESO PS4 disc with their PS5 disk edition will reply to this thread and let you know if they are able to have only the PS5 version installed.

Bit late but I have the PS4 disk with a PS5 disk console and I can confirm I am able to only have the PS5 version installed, deleted the PS4 recently and have had no issues (it still appears on the main menu offering you to copy it) hope this helps
    Edited by StormBlade512 on November 26, 2022 12:41AM