Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 35 patch download causing PC to restart

Haza_212
Haza_212
✭✭✭
While trying to update the game via the launcher, my PC is randomly restarting. Then when the launcher is started again there is a patch manifest error and a repair is required, then the process starts again. This has happened at least 4 times.

some notes
- all drivers are updated and other games are fine
- am running the launcher via steam (never had an issue before though)

any advice or assistance would be appreciated

Cheers
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 14, 2022 6:24PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can take for this error, such as downloading a new patch manifest file. Instructions for these additional steps are listed in the help article below.

What do I do if I get Error 210 "PatchManifestError_DownloadFail" when trying to download The Elder Scrolls Online on Windows?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What version of Windows are you running because I know Windows 7 has been having some strange issues.
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    Haza_212 wrote: »
    While trying to update the game via the launcher, my PC is randomly restarting. Then when the launcher is started again there is a patch manifest error and a repair is required, then the process starts again. This has happened at least 4 times.

some notes
    - all drivers are updated and other games are fine
    - am running the launcher via steam (never had an issue before though)

any advice or assistance would be appreciated

Cheers

i had issue like this many years ago, everytime i loaded the game it wanted to download a patch,. very odd situation..
    turned out to be a bad memory stick.
    dont know why it would want to patch everytime, but once i change ram out, never saw issue again.
    you could try removing a stick a time and see if you encounter thecrash,

if you could post the stop code on the bsod when the pc crashes tthat would help
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***