The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm not even remotely interested I these housing improvements..

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62833

These Housing improvements include the ability to create chat links to your homes, improved visibility in whose house you're visiting as well as how many people are present in a home, the ability to see the list of furnishings in a home that you are visiting, and improved placement alignment for hundreds of furnishings that commonly hang on walls—phew!

I guess we'll be able to post links to houses in text chat that people can use to travel in? Meh.

Being able to see what furnishings were used could be useful but.... meh.

Fixing all the wonky wall clipping.... I'm used to precision editing after placing and I doubt it'll be much use- I think I'll still need to. And that's fine- it's not a big deal.

This year we got a depressingly low number of new furnishings, for the first time ever the summer dlc didn't include a house we could buy with gold, and the drip feed on blueprints continues to suck the fun out of decorating.

It's been a rough year for housing enthusiasts. This just feels like they're throwing us a rather meager bone to placate us so we don't feel completely ignored.

• Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    The furnishings we've been given are phenomenal. I love the modular castle pieces. Wish we had more of them rather than the update 36 changes.

We really don't need to link houses in chat. An add-on already lets us identify which furnishing was used. Wall clipping? We use precision edit for that.

Give me more castle pieces and more spaces to build castles please.

I would love to be able to build homes and castles with Alinor building components pretty please.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Housing Link in chat would be good for Console Player
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Create chat links to our houses? I don’t even know what that means.

Will players who are not on our friends list be able to visit using them? That is the only useful thing I can think of.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Create chat links to our houses? I don’t even know what that means.

Will players who are not on our friends list be able to visit using them? That is the only useful thing I can think of.

I'd imagine it will be like the guild finder. You can link the house and people will simply click a button while looking at said link to travel.

On a related note the guild finder link has been broken. Since the day it was added. On both consoles. And it's never been fixed. 🤷‍♀️
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruj wrote: »
    The furnishings we've been given are phenomenal. I love the modular castle pieces. Wish we had more of them rather than the update 36 changes.
    I make a distinction between building blocks and actual furnishings. This year builders got building blocks and decorators got a frankly pathetic sample kit of furnishings, even though plenty of new objects exist in houses of High Isle.
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    As someone who doesn't build buildings, most of the structural pieces for me are of little use. I wish they would give just full buildings and more of those open area houses to build towns and the like. Rather than 50 parts to build a building, 1 empty "house" plops down and now we can decorate it and modify it, for those into that, it would save hundreds of slots when your making your tower/castle/whatever.

Being able to link my home in chat for people to visit i wouldn't mind, i use a mod for it right now and i enjoy having visitors look around and i like visiting other peoples homes, making that easier and more open to everyone i think is a good thing.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me all these QoL updates are fine. But they are just that, quality of life improvements, which are natural in a live game, they are similar to bugfixes.

Now, I wish the devs will expand the furnishings list we can get in Firesong or u36, whatever. Remember Markarth? It brought a ton of Dwemer structural pieces and more cool furnishings. I hope this DLC will give more castle pieces, and also druidic things, especially circular pieces used for druidic dwellings. Many people want straw roofs as well. I want castle tiled roofs.

I strongly wish the devs to understand that many housing enthusiasts would like to be able to craft or acquire any 3D asset we see in the game world. We see it is there, we want it. Ofc there are too many assets to turn into furnishings, and yes, I understand that many are optimized (they have only one face or no surface), but you get the point.

Right now there are so many houses, but after decorating once or twice, there is little to do with a house. It gets old. We should be able to sell it, empty or decorated, there should be a separate auction just for that. I don't care that some items are achieved related or bought with crowns. That makes things even more desirable. For example, I don't plan to ever become emperor, but I would buy a house with a throne.

If there would be more structural furnishings, people could do so much more. They don't need to be craftable. There are so many other systems. The basic ones, like blocks or platforms should be available or unlocked from vendors. I would like to be able to demolish a house or sections of it and use only the plot of land for some other construction.

I can't forget how impressed I was with Fallout 4's building system. I am not sure the current engine can match that, but I believe it's close. And I say this because I've seen pretty interesting things done, like the arena house from Craglorn or the underwater place.

For me, at this pace of development, housing is becoming a chore and am losing hope with it. Right now is one of the reasons I keep playing. I thought there will be more development on the game after Microsoft bought this IP. Anyway, people are willing to pay cash for housing, but this doesn't seem to be worth enough dev hours. I'm confused.
    Edited by kind_hero on September 17, 2022 5:47PM
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter