Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Templar Puncturing Strikes and Puncturing Sweep Changes

Treemagnet
Treemagnet
✭✭✭
Since Update 35 made changes to these skills how does the new Aedric Spear based Templar play? Is their a noticeable drop off in damage and healing? I've always liked that these skills made it a highly survivable build and am thinking of starting a new character based on these skills. Your thoughts?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 6, 2022 1:42AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damage reduction on jabs/sweeps is noticeable, but it does feel much smoother to cast and weave now. Many players have dropped it entirely for more DPS and just use Blazing Spear as their spammable until it is time to beam, however this means giving up a lot of self-healing.
  • Captain_Devildog
    Captain_Devildog
    ✭✭✭✭
    The punctering sweep feels disgusting, the damage is even worse. Let's not talk about the gameplay with the animation it's abnoxious.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magplar used to do reasonable damage but more importantly, she was extremely survivable. Now her damage is lower than most of my other characters and her survivability is no better than any of my other characters. She struggles and sometimes dies to content that she did not before the update. A giant step backwards. Her survivability is what made her unique and fun - no more.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on September 16, 2022 11:50AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo