Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Thank you Zenimax for sorting the issues.

lajnus86b16_ESO
First to explain myself, ive tanked for many years in MM:Os played in hardcore guilds such as MoX,Epicfabriken,sneakattack,MM,awakening and whole others,

There is huge problem in this game and its the resource management of tanking, we are forced to use our magicka only for selfbuffs, we cannot even afford to use any damage ability except for taunt for PVE.

Becuse they are to cost ineffective and decreases our survivability tonloads instead of increasing it becuse block gives to much, compared to what an ability use that cost stamina in duration/effect/cost.

Now now listen here, i am not Holding down block as soon as i pull, im using it in NEEED, when i have to using stamina regen pots, stamina regen synergies(templar has one as an example)

So im doing eveything in my way to have good stamina and just blocking when needed and taunting, still my stamina gets depleted.

And, No i am not dying im surviving very well, but i wont decrease my jobb or making it harder for the group just becuse i want to have fun.

I can slot 4-5 useless offensive abilities if i like to, but what is the use of it?

wouldnt the good thing be make using stamina resource do somthing that increases your survivability better?

Instead of saving it and rather sit with it on 70-80% instead of 65% and do some ability that increases your survivability?

Read the patchnotes below fellow tanks, this is craglorn patch i agree with the fix to bash, however they do not sort our issue with rotation and useful pve offensive abilities to buff our group or ourselves.

Craglorn patch notes so far.

One Hand and Shield
Deadly Bash
Fixed an issue where the damage bonus coupled with a “bashing” jewelry enchant was doing too much damage.
Slightly decreased this ability’s stamina cost reduction.
Those who have spent Skill Points in the Deadly Bash passive will have those points returned to their overall skill point pool. You may place those Skill Points back in this ability if you wish, or invest them elsewhere.
Reverberating Bash (morph of Power Bash)
Fixed an issue where the Reverberating Bash morph was not properly reducing Spell Damage.
Fixed an issue where Reverberating bash was reducing Spell and Weapon Damage before the disorient effect ended.

This is the patchnote so far, while it wont be final i agree with the changes/fixes however there is one missing point.

where the fukk is the stamina fixes, is their idea of tanking selfbuffing yourself with defensive things and keeping taunt up.

Right now its taunt ,razor armor,stonegiant(reflective plate, magic heavy boss or only)
have absorb magic wich is lackluster use for pve. and just have it lying there becuse the passive is so godamn good that you dont wanna trade it away.

Dragonblood.

so simple put taunt > razor > stone giant > dragonblood.

Keep buffs up igneous shields and weapons in your second stance to bolster the groups dps, becuse god know:s if we actually COULD WASTE OUR STAMINA TO DO SOME GODAMN ABILITIES BESIDES *** TAUNT.

Thank you this a flame, becuse god knows when you will fix our fun rotation as tanks.

There is no tank in their right mind that think this is fun for tanking bosses, yes some abilities we replace depending on bossfight, if there is adds, or to kill trashmobs and such.

But the sole idea that we cannot have anything rewarding defensive and offensive ability that deals some damage that we can have is just astounding.

There is just no skill into tanking, just positioning, and selfbuffing yourself and keep everything up. no rotation at all.

Give us some meaningful, not brainless ways to use our godamn stamina, and change the onehand & shield spells to be more useful in pve, right now they are non existant for pve.

*reduce cost of one hand and shield abilities,

add 2 new ones that add some more deph to tanking in PVE.

What did you use in other mmo:s as a tank?

i give you an example of what you can find.

Demolorizing shout, reduced boss/mobs attackpower,
sunder armor reduces targets armor
taunt(taunt)
Heroic strike(dumper)
thunderclap, reduces attackspeed of the boss.
shieldblock increased damage mitigated with blocking and chance next attacks for X seconds.
Shieldslam.

No i dont want an wow clone not at all im glad this is diffrent, but what i do want is it to give us satisfying ways to tank to do offensive and hit and do some abilities toward our enemy, that buff ourself or increase our and the groups survivability.

and god knows if we even had that we would not be able to use it becuse we wouldnt afford to use our stamina for it.

i really like this game but trust me, many tanks will i repeat WILL quit this game if you dont make 1hand and shield line a satisfying one to use, Hell dualwield even have some advantages 1hand and shield can dream of!

Edited by lajnus86b16_ESO on April 26, 2014 12:39AM
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That escalated quickly.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝