The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

State of Battlegrounds (July 2022)

SkaraMinoc
SkaraMinoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Summary
  • Oakensoul has enabled very powerful builds
    • DK Corrosive + Molten Whip 16-20k crits
    • DK Corrosive + Heavy Attack now regularly crits for 30k+ damage
    • 14k Ice Comet
    • 12k Blastbones
    • Nightblade Caluurion's 20-25k combo is back
    • 10-15 second Resto ults
  • Some classes feel weaker than ever (e.g. Shield Sorc)
  • Healers are rare. If you have a primary healer on your team, consider yourself lucky.
  • Tanks are killable and mostly an annoyance.
  • Solo Queue feels quick throughout the day (< 5 mins), Group Queue is still slow (10+ mins)
  • Deathmatch vs Objective situation is worse than ever. Arguments happen throughout the day in BG group chat.
Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 1, 2022 1:49AM
PC NA
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't queued a BG since the launch of High Isle. I've already seen some disgusting builds in Cyro, so I can only imagine what the BGs environment is like now. I don't have Oakensoul and I'll not be buying the DLC just to get it. Feels bad that I feel like I need it to be competitive, and I know some other's feel the same way. However, it doesn't seem like I'm missing much, so I guess there's that.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sure that results in far less stalemates at high MMR with the dmg being up lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont even know about the builds situation the modes are so garbo and unplayable I can't force myself to play the game, how many games do people play where it is imposed on them to play it in a way they don't want to and be put on a team where nobody is on the same page and the page requires participation. There is only one mode where the primary purpose and objective is not optional, there is only one mode where you can feel like what you do matters, even trying to win is not fun in objectives when half the other team isn't the entire premise of competition is shattered. I don't see how it doesn't bother people more, it feels like living a lie to try to do BGs now.
  • duckdown
    duckdown
    ✭✭✭
    Just remove oakenshiit from this game already !
  • darvaria
    darvaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need to get rid of Mor Khazgur. Simply too confusing for ppl not in voice coms.

Have 2 matches you can que for.

1. Death Match
    2. Capture the Relic or Domination. Combine these 2.

Don't need Chaos Ball or Krazy King.

JUST LET PLAYERS HAVE DEATHMATCH if that's what they want. Leave random but let ppl que for Death Match only. The 2 player groups are simply not compatible.

The one thing WOW did right was 2v2 teams. One map that stays the same. Let ppl have something like WSG or Arathi Baisin. 2 teams of 10 or so. More ppl would do them.

Edited by darvaria on July 3, 2022 7:45PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    darvaria wrote: »
    Need to get rid of Mor Khazgur

Umm no. That's one of the best battleground maps. If anything, Istirus Outpost either a) needs more players per team, or b) needs to be removed from rotation. (Outpost not Outpost Arena)

Edited by SkaraMinoc on July 6, 2022 5:24AM
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

Umm no. That's one of the best battleground maps. If anything, Istirus Outpost either a) needs more players per team, or b) needs to be removed from rotation. (Outpost not Outpost Arena)

i would agree that istirus outpost is far too large for a BG map

the one you mention in the other thread, foyada quarry, i think is like the ideal size for a BG map, and i like the environmental hazards
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭

the one you mention in the other thread, foyada quarry, i think is like the ideal size for a BG map, and i like the environmental hazards

Keep in mind you're talking past each other. Istirius looks different in Deathmatch versus other modes. In deathmatch it's just the center dome and very small.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind you're talking past each other. Istirius looks different in Deathmatch versus other modes. In deathmatch it's just the center dome and very small.

if that is true then the map is still too large because of all the wasted space

at that point what is the difference between outpost and the other map that is just the colosseum aside from you having to run extra distance to get back to the group if you die?
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feeling in July 2022…..bow sorcs prancing about spamming savage werewolf or corrosive spamming DKs

Rather dull!!!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    My feeling in July 2022…..bow sorcs prancing about spamming savage werewolf or corrosive spamming DKs

Rather dull!!!

you forgot oaken caluu nightblades 1 shotting 40k hp tanks :)
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Rather dull!!!

too right.....my bad!! :)
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Rather dull!!!

So, 40k tank cant be 1hk?

I just wish I can do that too.
    Is that against mechanics?
    Is that cheating?

Is it against zos tos?
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    After U35 history is repeating, it is extremly bad in under lvl50 BGs… After few fights you end in matches with people running meta builds ???!!!??? Lvl 15 sorc lvl 3 vamp, all psijic and other skill lines that can be bought, reconstructed gears, fully golded… in 3 months I have seen people that are just fighting in undr 50 BGs with hthe same Toon name and just tiving the number after the name (XY 48..)…
    This is what makes this game a crap…
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP and BGs have become such a bore!!!

Variable 1: a team has an actual healer? certain victory;
    boring BG

Variable 2: the team with most Tanky Wardens (most of them anyway) is very likely to win;
    very boring BG

Variable 3: you all have wardens or healers? You will spend your BG spamming skills with no one dying;
    unbearably boring BG

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »
    After U35 history is repeating, it is extremly bad in under lvl50 BGs… After few fights you end in matches with people running meta builds ???!!!??? Lvl 15 sorc lvl 3 vamp, all psijic and other skill lines that can be bought, reconstructed gears, fully golded… in 3 months I have seen people that are just fighting in undr 50 BGs with hthe same Toon name and just tiving the number after the name (XY 48..)…
    This is what makes this game a crap…

I'm sorry but what I take from that is "I reroll characters to perpetually do under 50 bgs and the other people that do the same thing as me are better."

As far as the overall topic goes... I play in no proc cyrodiil and only do a BG or two a day. Havent seen a lot of people wearing maras but I've seen a few. Laughably untouchable. Otherwise I think its okay... But uh, I always seem to be in the minority. Let's just say it doesn't seem worse now than before the update. Except for maras.