The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

IF i delete an old character, will the achievements made by this character be lost ?

Lauranae
Lauranae
✭✭✭✭✭
Before doing it, i want to be sure of what will happens :)

She did not do a lot yet to Tamriel but quite a lot in IC, Cyro and BG (more interested by the dyes going with than the titles or such though)

Also she learned 1 special motif by mistake, and she is the only one to know it, what will happens after ?

Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_Bill on September 13, 2022 1:21PM
My most recent characters
AD - Chjara NB
-
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Achievements are bound to your account, so you won't loose them. Just the "Earned by" line will be blank.

No idea about the motif.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Achievements are bound to your account, so you won't loose them. Just the "Earned by" line will be blank.

No idea about the motif.

Thank you!

I think that the motif i will not be able to craft it again BUT i can use it for outfits. But i am not certain of that
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to add a clarification. The character must have logged into the game after Update 33 for the achievements on that character to be transferred to the account. Yeah, not a big concern as time marches forward, but it can still be an issue on dormant accounts or characters.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I wanted to add a clarification. The character must have logged into the game after Update 33 for the achievements on that character to be transferred to the account. Yeah, not a big concern as time marches forward, but it can still be an issue on dormant accounts or characters.

It can be a blessing if you don't want a currently-played character's achievements to be compromised by those earned previously by a character that is no longer played - simply ensure that you do not log in that discarded character so as not to have that character's achievements added to your account-wide achievements.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    No idea about the motif.

Outfit styles are kept, but motifs are lost and one will need to get them again in order to craft in that particular style.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would assume that the name would stay there regardless. I have potions crafted by deleted characters, and it still has their name on the CRAFTED BY part.
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to all of you i have just 2 words : Thank you!!!
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would assume that the name would stay there regardless. I have potions crafted by deleted characters, and it still has their name on the CRAFTED BY part.

I have achievements with no "earned by" tag, presumably because I've deleted the character that earned it first.

Achievements by characters that still exist but have been re-named show the new name, not the original name. "Earned by: [new name]"
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please excuse the slight necro; I learned something new today.

As I posted above, if you get an achievement and delete the character, the achievement remains but without a name attached. BUT, if you later get the achievement again on a different character, AWA overwrites it with the new name and the current date.

thus, my main account now shows the achievement for simply completing VMA, as dated Sept. 2022, and tagged with the name of the character that finished it today. The achievement for completing VMA without dying, however, is dated 2019 (and tagged with the correct name). So, apparently some odd things can happen after all.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As the OP question regarding achievements has been answered, we will now close this discussion. If you need help with any issues, please feel free to post in the General Help forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.