The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Random Dungeon Finder Issues

Zyva
Zyva
✭✭✭✭✭
I am curious how many other people are having issues with the Dungeon Finder, both random and specific, both vet and normal.

I have run into the same issues over and over again, multiple times yesterday while farming the event for roughly 10 hours.

1.) Queue will pop, then requeue nearly immediately, and then becomes infinite (You can wait nearly an hour, nothing). You then unqueue, queue again, and instantly get a dungeon.

2.) The far, far more common bug: Not everyone gets pulled into the dungeon. You see this from TWO sides. On one side, you get pulled in, and it looks like you are alone. Then, your group mates appear but they are in some random world zone. You have to message them, sometimes repeatedly, to simply port into the dungeon you are in. If you do not tell them what dungeon, they will have no idea. From the OTHER side, YOU dont get pulled into dungeon. Weirder still, your groupmates often appear like they are Offline ( their name will actually show offline) even though they type in group chat to tell you where to go. Sometimes, you can only see 3 out of 4 in group. It is important to note that from both sides, you accept your queue, you hear the noise of accepted queue, and then the above two results.

3.) The dungeon is complete, but still showing in progress. You have to disband group and take a deserter penalty before you can queue again. (yes, every add and boss was killed, though I believe it should simply be last boss to trigger a complete)

I have had this issue with every role, and with both pre-made four-man groups, and queuing independently, and queueing with a single friend. I have had it happen with both normal and vet dungeons. I have had it happen with both the random option, and the specific option. Number 2 above is by far the most common issue, and the most annoying, especially if people leave group in confusion not knowing what is happening.

I am curious how many other people have noticed these bugs. They ALL existed before the event, but with the event and grinding for hours at a time I found them to be a lot more common than I realized before.

Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 13, 2022 2:03AM
Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve seen all 3. Also can’t forget getting stuck in a dungeon with 3 people and queue not popping. Can also get stuck in a previously disbanded but now returned group with players who appear online but are not. Queuing with a partial group can take longer than queueing alone too.
    I will note on the first point about instant queue and then it not popping again that I have had it pop again as tank, which surprised me. It’s definitely not instant though, was a few seconds.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is odd how it takes longer to get a group when you queue grouped. I do not understand that. Especially if you queue healer/tank.
    Zyvä (Nightblade) ~ Purricâne (Sorcerer) ~ Boñfürr (Dragonknight) ~ Cätnïp (Warden) ~ Boñespùrr (Necromancer)~ Catsänova (Templar)
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I experience problems with the dungeon finder on a hourly, daily, or weekly basis depending on the problem, and not just during events when it's usually busier. I play most days and usually tank randoms, pledges, and other specific dungeons on multiple characters, so my queue time is shorter and I get to experience the issues more frequently. The activity finder is where I spend all my time in game since I've already done all quests etc. and don't really care for most of the other activities.

I often see every problem you've mentioned plus others as well. But every time when I've come to the forums to talk about these things it's like screaming in the wind. Most people probably don't run dungeons at the same frequency that I do so they might not notice these things, or they just don't mind the problems that the game has.

Any time zos says that they've fixed the activity finder, all I can do is shake my head, because they're usually just creating more problems.
  • Eternalscourge1
    Eternalscourge1
    ✭✭✭
    Zyva wrote: »
    It is odd how it takes longer to get a group when you queue grouped. I do not understand that. Especially if you queue healer/tank.

I run Tank on Xbox, and despite this event going on, it being a weekend, and a ton of people logged in on all zones, and my partner being a healer.....we aren't getting dungeon Queues...at all....I'm a tank, she's a healer...we queue the specific dailies and nothing.
  • deleted221205-002626
    deleted221205-002626
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the issue is not enough queue solo to fill them.. IMO ZOS needs to take a closer look at the volumes and possibly change the group finder reward for randoms to only solo queuing. If your queue as group particularly 3 or 4 people theres no reason to get a reward. Promote solo queuing and groups will fill :)
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have some of these concerns marked in the community concerns list

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/616100/community-concerns-list

Honestly it's getting to the point where they might have to start from scratch with dungeon finder.

Nothing worse than doing a dungeon like Dread Cellar, from 4 down to 3 due to a random leaver, still able to do the dungeon but completely able to do all the bosses but you need 4 people to do all the optional bosses, and having to go zone to zone to find someone because a DPS won't pop into your group from the group finder option. You'd think you would get the first available DPS in a group like this, but no- the group leader has to go zone to zone spamming that you need a replacement.
    Edited by Dr_Con on September 10, 2022 8:07PM
  • Zyva
    Zyva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope solo-queue only does not become a thing.

A lot of people do not realize, but there is a small buff to you character when you use the dungeon finder, even if you queue with 4 people. It dosent make a ton of difference, but its still nice. Plus you can just pick your dungeon from the list and send the whole party in without everyone having to manually port in.

• endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I solo que and it always pops for me but when im grouped with 3 others ah nope 😆
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,2 likely have something to do with ready checks

3 should be fixed by just remove leaving penalty
  • xosaara137ox
    xosaara137ox
    ✭✭✭
    All of this is amplified on console right now, it’s a good time.

Someone logs in with UI Error and logs out to clear it, so everyone else leaves.

Or someone logs in with UI Error, and completely shuts off the game without coming back. It gets even better when you can’t kick or re-queue.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sinnereso wrote: »

I think the issue is not enough queue solo to fill them.. IMO ZOS needs to take a closer look at the volumes and possibly change the group finder reward for randoms to only solo queuing. If your queue as group particularly 3 or 4 people theres no reason to get a reward. Promote solo queuing and groups will fill :)

Some of the times it just bugs and will work if you re-queue with a stack.

I would definitely agree that the full stacks shouldn't be getting a reward for queuing when they aren't benefiting the system at all.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of these issues and more on the regular. Group finder is like a mystery box, we don't know how or if it will function properly, if it breaks in a non-obvious way it's hard to tell, it's a roll of the dice each time. Very frustrating that such a pivotal activity is so inconsistent.

2.) Pretty sure this particular bug was recently introduced, like Deadlands maybe? If not, it has become a lot worse since that patch. If I spend any significant time in one day doing pledges or randoms, I'll be sure to experience it at least once, from either side. Often the only fix is to relog.

The UI error continues to hinder my experience of the event. It slows everything down, and wears out people's patience to continue farming. Many people don't know how to temporarily deal with it, and just leave group before anything can be said. If I get the UI error, and die I can't resurrect, if I travel out of the dungeon to res and go back, I get the UI error, and then I get the UI error again when I travel in. I am frankly stunned that we have yet another Undaunted event plagued by technical issues.

At the moment, the art department and the encounter department are hard-carrying this game. HARD-carrying.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)