The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone think the extra character slot price is WAY too much?

Cooperharley
Cooperharley
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve finally gotten 8 characters going. Run random dailies on them, do pledges here and there, crafting writs, etc. I have one main character obviously but the rest are just currency mules essentially.

I love Xynode’s builds and every time I come across another cool one, I want to make a new character to match it. Came to realize you can have up to 18 characters (craziness) but to purchase 1 character slot is 1500 crowns? Or essentially $15??? I was expecting $5 or 500 crowns basically. What the heck why are they so expensive?
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we should all just have 18 available slots tbh
  • Sockermannen
    Sockermannen
    ✭✭✭
    remember that you get a free armoury slot per character via the armoury station, so you can functionally have 8 additional characters assuming they are the same class (ex stamDK and tank DK)
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could also slowely buy the character slots with gold->crown exchange.
    I mean 1500 is like little more than 3 million gold on EU, on Na around 2 million.
    Doing writs with 8 toons and the surveys you get from them should provide you with some mats to sell.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, to me it doesn't seem that expensive. 8 slots is enough to have one of every class and the armory helps with different specs. I am use to playing subscription MMOs and having extra character slots makes the subscription cost more. It adds up over time. What seems expensive to me is that armory and outfit slots are also 1,500 crowns, but they are only for 1 character.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think many things in the crown store are priced too high.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jlmurra2 wrote: »
    I think many things in the crown store are priced too high.
    RagnarSw wrote: »
    Honestly, to me it doesn't seem that expensive. 8 slots is enough to have one of every class and the armory helps with different specs. I am use to playing subscription MMOs and having extra character slots makes the subscription cost more. It adds up over time. What seems expensive to me is that armory and outfit slots are also 1,500 crowns, but they are only for 1 character.

Not really. People complained about the outfit thing being one per character. In fact, you'd be forgiven thinking it was universally unpopular, yet the same system appeared with the armoury slots. So, one can only assume, the option that truly matters and dictates those things, the sales figures ZoS have at hand, shows there's more than enough people who buy into the one slot per character system.

That said, I don't disagree with you. But the fact it's made a return means the pricing is correct, and what we think matters not one iota.

• TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaustink wrote: »
    I love Xynode’s builds
    🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's much worse that changing a character's appearance one time costs 1,000 crowns or $10.

There are plenty of MMOs that let you do that either for free or for a nominal in-game gold cost.

Unreal.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's much worse that changing a character's appearance one time costs 1,000 crowns or $10.

There are plenty of MMOs that let you do that either for free or for a nominal in-game gold cost.

Unreal.

Totally. Or if you just want to change your hair color. It's absurd.

I can understand maybe some crowns for the hair or the character slot, but not what it is. Way too expensive.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expensive or not, I'd continue to pay it if they would make even more slots available.
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only even thought about buying them when they had a flash sale late last year.

That said, no regrets and would consider buying more. I used to play about 8 toons. These days I play 2, I sometimes play a few more, and the rest are money making mules improving my QoL for the mains.
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »

Unreal.

Totally. Or if you just want to change your hair color. It's absurd.

I can understand maybe some crowns for the hair or the character slot, but not what it is. Way too expensive.

You can buy the hair/facial hair from the crown store....that's enough for me. Yes, no colour or face shape changes....but like....day to day...surely a shave is enough?
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    :) i have 13 characters now,some of them is under lv50,i dont have many time play all of them.
  • RBAP28
    RBAP28
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I would buy more if I could.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually think character slots are one of the most fairly priced items. You get so much experience out of a whole new character slot, and each one costs about 1 month of ESO Plus, or currently about 1.3–1.5 million gold on PC NA.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price has worked well since it has held for years. If it were too high, it would not sell well. Sales are the message that speaks loudest since it directly indicates proper pricing.

@tsaescishoeshiner makes a very good point in the post before this one.