Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Tank is not damage dealer, and reason why people should quit target dummy training.

AvalonRanger
AvalonRanger
✭✭✭✭✭
Tank is not damage dealer, and reason why people should quit target dummy training.

Regardless building of 100K damage or not, player can't provide much damage in real
combat situation is "FAKE DPS" for the real tank.

<Target dummy will not try to kill you. There're no enemy which keeps standing in front of you and do nothing.>

The DPS who can't provide much damage is not best DPS. Well, everyone may accept this logic.
But, I think this logic is little bit lack of real combat situation.

Sometimes in random group, I see bad DPS "brainless follower" who are too much passive combat style.
Just keep running around by becoming panic, forget attack the boss, and doesn't have any of self healing skill,
then die many times. Taunting become meaningless support with those people.

And, tank become maximum damage dealer with those players. This is super nonsense.
Most of tank player will do rage quit.

One of this problem is fake healer. I knew it but...

Must consider both self protection technique and good maneuver in real combat.
And provide damage supporting more aggressive. Do not make the tank miserable.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People interested in refining their DPS should continue DPS on dummies; it helps refine rotations until they are muscle memory. That way, they can focus on mechanics instead of what button needs to be pressed next.

The second reason is that the best DPS in the game often try different tweaks to their build and rotation, which is monumentally more successful on a dummy than in trials.

Some of the top DPS in the game are among the best from such practice and theory crafting work tested out on a dummy. Such practice and testing are why they are top DPS in raids on real fights. They also know the difference.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think the people running around not attacking even train on the dummy honestly. They may be new to DPSing and still trying to get their bearings.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    People interested in refining their DPS should continue DPS on dummies; it helps refine rotations until they are muscle memory. That way, they can focus on mechanics instead of what button needs to be pressed next.

The second reason is that the best DPS in the game often try different tweaks to their build and rotation, which is monumentally more successful on a dummy than in trials.

Some of the top DPS in the game are among the best from such practice and theory crafting work tested out on a dummy. Such practice and testing are why they are top DPS in raids on real fights. They also know the difference.

Regardless weapon and building, dead DPS is zero damage.
    It's still meaningless player for the tank people.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Regardless weapon and building, dead DPS is zero damage.
    It's still meaningless player for the tank people.

Which is a solid reason for such DPS to use DPS dummies, as I clearly pointed out.. Also, tanks were irrelevant to my post for obvious reasons.

The other poster's comments are in line with mine. As previously stated, It behooves everyone to practice their rotations on a dummy until it is engrained so they no longer have to focus on what skill they need to fire next so they can focus on what is happening around them, which will increase their survival.
    Edited by Amottica on September 10, 2022 10:21AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a pug issue with players new to the dungeon. You could try telling the DPS what to do. And if they don't listen, quit. This has nothing to do with the trial dummy