The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favourite card?

Peacatcher
Peacatcher
✭✭✭
I thought this would have already been a topic but I can't find a thread about it.

What is your favourite card and why?

It doesn't have to be competitive, maybe you like the design or the function, maybe its a niche card that helped you out in a sticky situation. Or maybe its just really powerful and you've won a lot of games because of it.

Mine is Hel Shira Herald. I think the design looks great and I like redguard lore. I find opponents rarely remove this card if I have it active and a lot of opponents dont buy it. So most turns I can buy a card, immediately pull it to the front of my deck and use red Eagle patron or a draw combo to play it. Works well with the Crow combos and other Ansei cards with combos.

Would love to hear about other people's favourites!
Ps4 EU
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got 3 favourite cards; Grand Larceny, Midnight Raid and Blood Sacrifice.
    I love the design of all 3 and the first 2 are very convenient when I am lucky and get them early in the match.
    Luxury Exports also is a game saver sometimes but I don't like the looks of it.
    “Take some more tea," the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
    "I've had nothing yet," Alice replied in an offended tone, "so I can't take more."
    "You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter: "it's very easy to take more than nothing."
    "Nobody asked your opinion," said Alice.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Favorites: Grand Larceny, Currency Exchange, Midnight Raid, and of course Rally

Favorite design/graphics are Hagraven Matron and Briarheart Ritual

Least favorite: Imprisonment, probably because that thing "randomly" pops up every time an NPC needs it.
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Witch is one of my favorites to get early. You can thin your deck in a hurry if your opponent can't deal with it.

Otherwise I'm a sucker for Pelin cards, especially Legions Arrival and Seige Volley. Cheap and just DO WORK.
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I got 3 favourite cards; Grand Larceny, Midnight Raid and Blood Sacrifice.
    I love the design of all 3 and the first 2 are very convenient when I am lucky and get them early in the match.
    Luxury Exports also is a game saver sometimes but I don't like the looks of it.

Grand Larceny is pretty good especially early in the game where it can help you buy almost any card. I do prefer the design on Pounce and Profit more though - sneaky ninja cat flying through the air!
    Edited by Peacatcher on August 31, 2022 2:24PM
    Ps4 EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rally. I played a game once where I got 2 of these. :)
    PCNA
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    I love the image on the pounce and profit card, even though I'd rather get the upgrade in a game. The Rajhin flying the air to jump on an unsuspecting guard always makes me smile.
  • Sin_Arcain
    Sin_Arcain
    ✭✭
    The Dreaming Cave: I can't live without toss mechanic if culling is not an option. Plus it draws you a card in its place. The combo 2 power is a bonus.
    Augur's Counsel: Again, cheap toss. It can seal a win in late game when you are fishing for the right cards. Combo power is a bonus.
    Elder Witch: Amazing culler that can stick to the board early game.
    Harvest: Desired late game card to keep my cards flowing.
    Ragpicker: A must have buy for me at all cost in a game without other culling cards, so no "dead" card stops the combos.

I generally like all "support" cards.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer cards that feel powerful but not overpowered. So for example I like cards like Ceporah's insight or Shehai Summoning. I kinda enjoy the game less when someone getting a powerful card early like Midnight Raid, Currency Exchange, or Grand Larceny dictates so much of the flow of the game. I of course always try to get these cards first myself. But, I personally prefer the games when these cards come mid-to-late game and both players instead have to do make do with less powerful cards. Those matches feel more strategic.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 11, 2022 2:16PM
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hostile Takeover
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pool of Shadow