Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Deep Dive—Creating the Housing System’s Furnishings

kind_hero
kind_hero
✭✭✭✭✭
Finally some info about housing:

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/62789

My comments:

I really appreciate the fact that two devs took the time to talk about housing, and describe some of the challenges regarding the housing system and creating furnishings.
However, engaging on some of the most recurring topics or requests from this forum would be even more appreciated. Some threads started by devs are 2 years old, or more.

Guys, in all honesty, what you did in the last patches regarding housing is an improvement, in terms of number of furnishings and their utility. I am mostly referring to the structural furnishings, because you started to consider how we could use them if we want to build a house from scratch, and stick to a style. The window and the tiled floor are great steps in that direction. But I am sure you know we need more of those. We have nothing dedicated for building a roof, especially that triangular piece on the sides. I love the work you do, but there is so much that could be done, and many people are willing to pay to get more slots, more unique furnishings, and amazing houses from the lists proposed many times.
Does the ESO community play a role in the selection or even the design and creation of new furnishings?

Cullen: They absolutely do! We have a big list of player-requested furnishings that we go back to periodically when we're looking for inspiration. And when we're picking out our new furnishings, we try to make sure that we're building off our learnings from the past in terms of what players were excited for and asked for in previous updates.

Where are the empty planters or weapon/armor racks? Those are among the most requested items since the launch of the housing system! Please.

I love housing in this game and I hope not to lose interest and quit while waiting years to see some housing updates. I am playing since launch. Some models took years to get into the game. The luxury vendor is totally outdated compared to how much the housing system has expanded over the years. The amount of mats required to build or decorate a large house is insane, even for a grindy MMO. It doesn't make people want to bother with housing, which is a shame, because it is a great system, even with limited slots. I would really like to see the devs engage on some of these topics with some fresh info on the future of housing in this game.
[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • zetavivern
    zetavivern
    ✭✭✭
    My main question is: when are we going to see spiral staircases? Seriously, am I the only one building towers out here? Right now the only staircase that barely fits in any tower-like structure is Leyawiin one, and it still takes up a lot of room considering that you need some free space both at the bottom and at the top of it.

Also there's as much as 1 (one) decent roof piece in the whole game (and don't even mention those weird things from Fargrave).
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zetavivern wrote: »
    My main question is: when are we going to see spiral staircases? Seriously, am I the only one building towers out here? Right now the only staircase that barely fits in any tower-like structure is Leyawiin one, and it still takes up a lot of room considering that you need some free space both at the bottom and at the top of it.

Also there's as much as 1 (one) decent roof piece in the whole game (and don't even mention those weird things from Fargrave).

Have you seen the spiral staircase from the Gonfalon Bay Mages Guild? How awesome that is?

That's why I am saying sometimes that who's selecting the furnishings, doesn't seem to play the housing game like many of us.

Building a tower is such a great project. But there are so many issues when trying to build one. Also many people try to build airships. I have seen several designs.

I see the issues when creating a furnishing, like it has to have all it sides, collision checks, all that. But most of us are asking for simple building blocks with different wall or material textures, which could be like the basic LEGO blocks you get in stores.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter